“Excellent room and terrific views; speedy check-in.”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #291 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent room and terrific views; speedy check-in.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Our stay at this Sheraton was amazing from beginning to end. Despite it being a very busy time of the year in Times Square, our SPG status still allowed us to obtain a terrific room upgrade that was spacious and with a great view of Times Square. Beyond the specifics of our room, the hotel was very clean - hallways, lobby, doorways and immediate sidewalk. Both check-in and check-out were very efficient. We have historically stayed at Westin most of the time when had the option, tough after this stay, would not hesitate to say or recommend the Sheraton at Times Square (which we already have to a couple folks who likely will book there). The location is conveniently located and is both easy to get to from outside of the city as well as for highway access when leaving. I am fairly candid and transparent in my reviews, and can assure you my TripAdvisor reviews are not all as glowing as for this property if you review my profile / history.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Hello Tjwillia007,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and great view of Times Square from the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you would recommend us when coming to New York City! We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This Hotel is in a good location for exploring New York City. There is a sub-way right on the corner and just a short walk to the heart of Times Square.

The staff were very friendly and professional. Our flight arrived early and we were able to leave our bags free of charge at the hotel whilst we waited to check-in. She even tried to check us in when we arrived at 10am!

Our room was right next to the elevators and was very noisy. Every time an elevator went past our floor we could hear it. Also anyone waiting for the elevators we could hear chatting away. The walls seemed to be very thin.

The room was fairly small and there was no view to speak of, but as i hadn't expected this i wasn't disappointed. We were on the 14th floor in one of the standard rooms and that is exactly how it felt. It was just a standard room, it was clean and well maintained it had everything you could need, bath, Shower, Bed, Mini Bar and T.V was nothing outstanding but i was more than happy with my choice to stay here and would stay again. Next time i would request a room higher up and away from the elevators.

We stayed over Thanksgiving and it was a great hotel to stay in to be near this years parade route, in fact some of those taking part in the parade were staying in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Dr. Pipping,

Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay!

I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the elevator and Guest noise on your floor. Our Director of Security takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived (at 10.00 pm) to be told if we waited they could give us a bigger room for no charge, and a free meal while we waited. Sounds good. Waited, despite paying for a room from 3.00pm (check in time). Hour and a half later...... No bigger room. Don't mind if they are running late and offer a free meal to compensate, all good. BUT DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING LIED TO POINT BLANK. Not happy jan!

Stayed December 2013
Hello Jasonaussie,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the delayed check in and poor service response from our Front Desk Staff. Our Directors of the Front Office has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

just returned from 4 nights staying at the Sheraton hotel , we took the air train and subway from JFK and got off at the wrong stop and had to walk to the hotel as we were unfamiliar with which stop we wanted , there was in fact a stop right at the side of the hotel so its great for the subway (just get off at the right stop)

check in was quick and simple and we were given a room on the 24th floor , the room was compact , clean and modern and just right for our stay , the bed was very comfy and was all you could ask for in a hotel room

The location of this hotel is great , on 7th Ave walk out the hotel and turn left you are in times square ,turn right you are in central park , cross the road to see a Broadway show or get on the subway from right at the side of the hotel , you really cant ask for a better location then this

we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so cant comment on the food , they have a Starbucks inside the hotel so that is great for early morning drinks etc. , you also get a Starbucks drinks machine in your room so you can make a coffee in the morning

to the side of the hotel on 53rd street is the 53rd Street Gourmet Deli which is open 24hrs a day , WOW this is great place to eat and again is located right at the side of the hotel so a great place to eat anytime of the day

Wi-Fi cost in room is $14.99 per device which I thought was expensive but they offer free Wi-Fi in the lobby so like most others we just nipped down to the lobby when we wanted to check on the internet , on the last night of our stay we was given free Wi-Fi in room because the hot water was to be turned off and I have to say that the connection was in fact very good , it was just as fast and smooth as my fiber optic connection I have at home , if I was to pay $14.99 for this in room I would have been happy with the speed and connection that I had

couple of little Gripes I had with this Hotel is firstly the mini bar , hotels all over the world charge a lot for items in the mini bar , its no surprise to see over priced items on offer in the mini bar at all really but at check-in I was told everything in the mini bar is chargeable except complementary water , so a few days in I really needed a drink and remembered I was told this ,

When you open the mini bar and look for water the first bottle you see is right there next to another one so you naturally pick up the first one ,well turns out that there is in fact 3 different brands of water in the fridge and only one of them is complementary which is the one right at the back , the other cost $8 each

I don't for one minuet believe this happened by chance or by myself making a mistake , this is clearly designed to deliberately play on the fact you are unsure which brand is free and which is chargeable , clearly this is a tactic used to get you to drink the water that is $8 thinking its complementary , its not a big deal its only $8 but it just felt a little sneaky they way in which they get you , seemed petty and something you would expect from a hotel of lower standing

My only other gripe is the hotel walls did seem a little thin and we did at times get woken by other guests returning to their rooms and talking really loudly , this is in no way the hotels fault, they have no means of knowing if someone will be inconsiderate to others in this way however on our last nights stay we were awoken at 5am by what at first seemed to be cleaners cleaning the room opposite ours , they appeared to be taking in Chinese rather inconsiderately and being loud ,

It turned out I think that it was a maintenance man doing some kind of maintenance in that room but what was the most ignoring thing was every few minutes he would come out onto the corridor (right outside our door) and cough (very loudly) , and I don't just mean a normal cough like when you have a cold , he was hacking up flem!! , it was a pretty disgusting noise to be woken up by , every 3 or 4 minutes for around half an hour we could hear this guy hacking up flem and sometimes spitting , bear in mind this was 5am , it woke us up and im sure it will have woken up others , we could later hear him still coughing and hacking up flem in the distance further down the corridor

I know the hotel read these reviews and im pretty sure had they have known about him doing that they would have done something about it (we was to tired to get up) so if you know who this worker is from the description above please do have a word with him and please get him some cough medicine or keep him from doing any maintenance/cleaning until a reasonable hour

The hotel staff was always helpful and polite and over all we was very please with the hotel , if we was to visit NY again we would without doubt look to stay here again

Great clean, modern hotel in a great location

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give up a review and for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk service was with us we look forward to sharing your comments with our Staff! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the hallway noise disturbance from our Engineering maintenance associate. Our Director of Engineering takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

moncton
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Small room, could have used some updating but adequate overall. We were on the 47th floor and could still hear some street noise but it wasn't too intrusive and we all slept well. Club lounge is great, fitness facilities were also very good. Great location. The concierge staff were very helpful and every single employee we encountered was friendly and polite. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
Hello Carpur,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that!

I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service and comfort of our Club Lounge. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our concierge staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing it with our team! Our location is second to none we are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation.

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Gold River, California
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The entire staff is very professional. I was able to obtain all the event tickets requested, Club Lounge service and accomodations were first class, and the Lobby Bar service was exellent. If I needed transporation it was always provided on time and with a smile! Leadership at this Hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors have excellent views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Robert W,

I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service and comfort of our Club Lounge. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team!

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (Dec 14-15, 2013). I can't say enough about the staff (very helpful), the room (large with great views of the city) and the service (prompt and courteous)! Everything about this hotel was first class making our visit even more enjoyable! Loved the hot coffee drinks while sitting in the lounge (cozy fireplace) watching it snow outside. This was a great way to kick off the Holiday Season!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Mari_5987.

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent start to the Holiday Season. I agree our Lobby Lounge is very comfortable and happy to hear you were able to enjoy the snow falling by the fire place. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and great views of the City. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!