The hotel is well located within 5 minutes walk of Times square. Beware of any hotel that bills itself as 'Times Square', because there are actually no hotels right there on the intersection of 7th and Broadway. The Sheraton is actually 6 blocks north of Times Square.
The rooms are good quality. Beds are enormous. We had two rooms for the 4 of us and actually we would have coped OK with one room. Each 'queen' bed is a 4'6 standard double and there are two in the twin rooms which would have accommodated the four of us pretty comfortably. This would save a lot of money, but not sure if it is 'allowed'. We also had a double room which has a super king size bed. The room has a coffee maker, but only enough coffee is put out for two cups each day, so save up the coffee or ask for more from the very friendly maids if you drink more. Hangers in the wardrobe are in short supply, so if you have a lot of clothes to hang, ask for more on arrival. There are plenty of power points because each lamp has two power points integral to it. There is no free wifi in room and this is expensive as an optional upgrade so didn't bother with it. WiFi in the lobby area is OK, but can be slow at times. The bathroom was adequate, but nowhere near London standards. Tiling was grubby, bath was very small; you can't lie down in it. Shower has low pressure. However, it is functional. In reality, when in NYNY you don't spend much time in your hotel room.
The lobby area is pretty shabby. It is very busy at all times of day and night. There are handy computers in the bar area, but the seating is filthy. I wasn't happy sitting on the sofas they were that grubby. The bar serves coffee/tea during the day and the open fire is a pleasant place to sit by on a cold afternoon to escape the wind and rain. In the evening, the bar prices are reasonable. We had a New Year meal in the restaurant that was pretty poor. There was a minimum charge but the quality of the food was awful beyond language. We had burgers and a salmon, but it was so obvious that the food had been prepared, then left lying around for one of the completely inept waiters to collect it. The result was stone cold food. However, it was very clear that temporary staff had been brought in for the night so this had affected service.
Luggage can be left at the bell reception for $4 per piece if you have a late flight. Checkout is 12pm. Most reception and all housekeeping staff are very courteous and do anything they can to help. I had a problem dialing a number from the hotel room and the excellent receptionist gave me a lot of help. By the way, don't under any circumstances dial a UK mobile number from the hotel room phone. 6 minutes cost me $90.
Now for the weakest bit. The concierge staff who were next to useless. I had a couple of simple queries. They knew nothing, but instead of saying so, they were dismissive, rude and gave me information that I knew was incorrect. They were putting their coats on and it was pretty obvious that all they wanted to do was go home.
There is breakfast available for a charge, but there are plenty of good delis around for excellent breakfast, so I wouldn't bother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton