“Solid Hotel and Priced Right”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #297 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Booked through Priceline Express Deals and was very happy with value/price. Evidently Hotel went through renovation last year though bathroom counter-top appeared to be a hold over.
Pros - GREAT in room coffee. Keep it up as it is very important. Excellent location right off the 1 Train and not far from the A (or is it C). Walking distance from Time Square, etc. Loved having the comfortable couch/lounge chair seating in my King Room. Desk was convenient with quick access to plugs and lamps. TV was in very good location with rotation allowing viewing from entire room. Very roomy by NY standards with nice closet space. Excellent black-out curtains as well as privacy shade to allow some light into the room if desired. Full length mirror nice and necessary. Check-in was quick and service excellent.
Cons - Room and hallway noise. Was awoken by nearby Ice Machine which is quite loud as well as noisy guests. Couldn't tell if they were in hallway or nearby room but noise level seemed high. I was on 39th floor so didn't notice any street noise. Having said this, I almost ALWAYS wear earplugs when I sleep at any hotel in NY and had failed to do so this time. So partial blame on me. (If you plan on staying in NY - bring ear plugs and sleep will be better regardless of where you stay.) Bathroom fixtures could be of a little higher quality and a make-up mirror would be nice.
So that's my two cents worth!

Room Tip: Avoid room next to ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Texas_Gypsie
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Hello Texas_Gypsie,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding the comfort of our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

Thank you also for acknowledging how enjoyable your Front Desk service was with us we look forward to sharing your comments with our Staff! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that!

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and easy to get around and see all parts of the great City of New York
I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the hallway noise in your room during your stay. Our Directors of Security has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

We look forward to your next visit!

Joseph Giordano

Write a ReviewReviews (8,653)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Came to nyc for a thanksgiving (Nov 22nd-27th). This hotel is just a few blocks from Time Square, Central Park, Broadway. It is in the epicenter of the most "touristy" part of Midtown. It has 40+ floors and is packed. Especially during the holidays! My husband and I came with his parents, brother, sister-in-law and their two kids. We had 2 rooms on the 22th floor facing Central Park. The rooms are small by most hotel standards. We were out doing tourist stuff most of the day so this was not a big deal. The beds are small but very comfortable. I think the biggest complaint I would have would be the elevator issues they were having while we were staying. Half of them were out. Luckily we could go a couple floors up and take the stairs down. This was easy for me and my husband but we had two parents close to 60 in age (one with an artificial hip) and another couple with two small children it can be a huge pain and inconvenience. The refrigerator in the room is fully stocked with things to buy. Another way to stick ya! We really needed a refrigerator to keep our own drinks and leftovers. The in-room wifi is around 15 dollars a day. I think for the price wifi should be a given! The hotel was average but we may consider somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Holly C,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I am happy you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

Our location is second to none we are just close enough to Times Square, Rockefeller Center and so many great NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the mal function of the elevators during your stay. Our Director of Engineering takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. On behalf of our team we hope you will return and give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Scary! I have never had someone else walk into a hotel room that was not with me. That happened today at the Sheraton Times Square. I was lieing on my bed- changing clothes- and my door opened. Scared me to death. The magnetic key code had been given to another man. He entered my room, unexplained- and the hotel staff had given him my room code. Beware- the management offered no explanation or consolation. Just I am sorry and we are busy. Beware if you are concerned for your privacy and safety here. Very sad to say. I ama single woman and gave never had this experience. At ANY hotel- especially a Sheraton.

• Stayed: February 2014
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Autvt,

I apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently but thank you for giving us this review so we can address all of your concerns.

First and foremost we would like to apologize for any unpleasant experiences you had with our Staff and Management during your stay.

I would like to arrange a time to speak with you directly to discuss all of your concerns and offer you some options that will help resolve the matter. Please contact me directly at (joseph.giordano@ Sheraton.com).

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights. The location is excellent and walking distance to the major shopping areas, MOMA, Times Square etc. Very central indeed. The rooms were kindda dark (must be due to the colour of the curtains and carpets) which gave the room a rather tired feeling. The water in the shower had a very low pressure so water was literally trickling down rather than at full power. Itw as the christmas season and i was on the top floor (50th) so the elevator ride was terrifying, it even broke down on one of the days i was there and guests were trapped in the lift! super busy and over crowded at times. the hotel lobby would be packed wih guests and even the check in line was like about 40 people long. no umbrellas were offered by the concierge during the rainy days, you had to buy one off the street instead.! Taxi queue at the hotel was also like 20 persons long at any time of day! you get the drift on just how packed this place was!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Lauren0808,

Thank you for your feedback our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square, Central Park and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the busy time in our Lobby and taxi area, also the frustration of the mal function of the water pressure and elevators during your stay. Our Directors of the Front Office and Engineering has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed for the 2nd time here on a package trip. Quiet hotel and great beds (my favorite criteria for a hotel). Our room this time was right across from an office building which was interesting - we could watch them work while I'm sure they could also see us. A couple of times folks overpacked the elevators which caused them to stall, so they monitored them when our group (about 1,000 + people) had events which caused us to use the elevators at the same time. They managed that very well, considering the volume - you might have had to wait for an elevator, but not too long. I did not eat at the hotel; there were great and inexpensive places just out the door.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mom2four1966,

There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Overnight parking is listed on their website as: "Cost: $50 for 24-hours". It is actually $51. Our car was parked for 24 hours and 27 minutes (at least 5 of those minutes were spent waiting in line to pay). We were charged $80.00. This was the 24 hour charge plus the 1 hour charge of $29. We wish someone would have told us this and we would have made sure to get the care within the 24 hour period.

Otherwise we had a nice stay. The room was very quiet for NYC.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat W
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hello Pat W,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. The Parking facility located near our Property is an independent company and sets their own rates. We apologize for any inconveniences the price may have caused you during your stay. Here we take guest feedback very seriously and will take into consideration all of your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very nice hotel in a near perfect location for exploring mid town Manhattan. Safe location, clean, nice mid sized rooms. Shower was not great. Advise getting breakfast elsewhere, as it's expensive for what you get (but great coffee). Starbucks in lobby is a convenience.

Room Tip: Careful as construction on the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hello Richard C,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. We look forward to your next visit!