Me and my partner stayed here for 7 nights at New Year 2013. To begin with the location of the hotel is extremely convenient, located above a subway station, in close proximity to Central Park and Times Square is literally less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel entrance.
On arrival there was no queue at the reception desk and we were served promptly by a polite gentleman whom on discovering our stay was for an anniversary upgraded us to a Superior Room on the 19th floor with a partial view over Times Square! Amazing. Room was large by NY standards with a Chaise-Longue, King-Size Bed, Wardrobe and good sized bathroom. An in-room refrigerator which was requested at check-in arrived within 10 minutes. Fixtures and Fittings within the room were in excellent condition and the water pressure for the shower was great.
There are multiple lifts which serve varying floors within the hotel, throughout our stay we had to wait no longer than 30 seconds for a lift to arrive and often had the lift to ourselves. The Lobby was not found to be overly crowded at any point during our stay with a plentiful supply of seating available.
In terms of negatives there were only two, namely an overpriced daily WIFI Charge (although this service is provided free of charge in the public areas which was found to work efficiently) and a $4 storage charge per piece of luggage we left whilst enjoying our final day in NY before our late evening flight. If the WIFI price had been reduced to a more modest $5 per day I would have most likely paid for it. The luggage storage charge should also be removed as this is something which is not found throughout many hotels within NY and when considering the total cost of our stay ($3500), having to pay an additional $4 is rather trivial and almost insulting.
Overall the benefits significantly outweighed the few negatives and our stay was very pleasant. I would highly recommend the Sheraton to anyone reading this review and I hope to be back to NY and the Sheraton in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton