“Great Stay”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #286 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to New York for my 60th Birthday Bash. 7 of us went to join in the celebration. Flew with West Jet with a deal to stay at the Sheraton. Our rooms consisted of two double beds in each room. Beds were so comfortable. Rooms were not to small or too large. We had plenty of room. Washroom was a little small. The hotel is very busy. But a great location. Lots of cabs out front and you can walk to Times Square with no problem. Actually we walked to Central Park and it was not that bad. The hotel brought up a bottle of champagne for me and my guests and some covered chocolate strawberries I thought that was so nice. Would definelty stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JEAN N
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello Jean N,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay celebrating your 60th Birthday with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the renovated rooms and the great comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Joseph Giordano

Write a ReviewReviews (8,480)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fabulous hotel, well placed. Huge room comfy bed. Huge choice for breakfast. Free wifi in lobby. Will definitely return. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Easy walking to Central Park and museum of modern art.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello DebbieW287,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay

Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel and location also a very good price for the city. Overall a great experience spent a few days with the family. It is a walk to Times Square and the theater district. We live 20 mins. Away from NYC but love to spend a few days every year in the city. I don't think you can find a better hotel for the value at this perfect location. I would will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Norman S

Hello Norman S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and family visit experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Theaters also access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton four nights. The hotel was awesome! Location amazing! Beds very comfortable, room clean and, even though the hotel was full, the room was extremely quite. Customer service was amazing, the nicest group of hotel employees I have every met from the front desk to the cleaning services. I travel to NYC every year for a girls weekend, sometimes twice a year. This was my 20+ visit to NYC and this is the best hotel by far in my opinion. Sheraton keep up the good work! I will be back next year.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Henrypai,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your Girls Weekend Trip! There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Great Shopping it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My Mother, sister and I stayed here in December. The location was great and would have been very walkable had it not been so darn cold (21 degrees) and snowy. Because of the conveniently located location, I would stay again. Times Square is right down the street as is 5th Avenue and lots of shopping and eating opportunities. We were on the 32nd floor and had a distant view of Central Park and the River. Check in went perfectly and everyone we came into contact with was pleasant. The bed was super comfortable and we all slept great. With two queen beds, and a table by the window, the room was very cramped. We had drinks in the bar twice and on both occassions had terribly slow service. It appeared there was one server for the entire lounge. Wanted to have lunch in the only open restaurant in the hotel and found out that they only offered an overpriced buffet ($40?) so we opted for the pub across the street (which was great). There was a Concierge Room that offered continental breakfast in the morning and appetizers and cocktails in the evening. Perhaps it was because it was during the holidays (we were there Weds - Sunday) but the place was packed and mostly with families with childeren. Had I been traveling in business and looking for a place to unwind, which is typically what these types of concierge areas are for, I would have been annoyed. Each time we went there (twice, once for breakfast and ince in the evening) the place was in desperate need of busing - empty glasses and plates everywhere. I would avoid it next time. Anyhow, all in all it was a good experience and as I said earlier, I would stay here again for the location and comfortable bed. Also, at about $650/night, it was the most reasonbly priced hotel we could find - wow! NY during the holidays is expensive!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Central Park higher than the 32nd floor if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Sunlover962,

I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the busy time in our Club Lounge. Our Director of Food and Beverage takes this feedback very seriously and has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Being in the big apple is always nice, but this hotel became my home place in NY as a company standard. A large hotel, so don't expect any cosy and warm service, however rooms are descent size, and service is functionally good.
With great location right next to Times Square, this is an excellent choice for this price range.

Room Tip: The highest the floor the better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zakie M

Hello ZakieMashiah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great service of our Staff and making us your home away from home. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay!

I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

No complaints. The service, location, and room was very nice. Check in was quick, the elevators ran like clockwork. Plenty of activity in and around the lobby. Subway was just across the street. I am not the biggest fan of the Sheraton brand, but this one is OK by me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaydarl

Hello JayDarl,

Your kind words regarding the friendly and quick check in service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay! We look forward to your next visit!