I have stayed here several times with family members over the course of several years. We have had mostly good stays but experienced a significant service failure here about a year ago and stopped staying here. On my previous T.A. review the reputation manager responded that he would like the chance to show us the experience we deserve. So- I e mailed him (when evaluating hotels on T.A. I frequently look for instances where there was a response to a complaint and assume that the hotel cares---a big positive when deciding if I want to stay there- so I thought I would test out this theory) I quickly received an e mail saying I would hear back. Eleven days passed and with no response- I called the manager. He said that he had no authority to do anything and had passed it along to a higher up manager & asked what I wanted from him. I suggested a complimentary upgrade and once again, there no response. I waited five days & my trip was less than a week away at this point, so I called Starwood. Then I quickly heard back from the hotel that I was given some Star Points but no mention of my request of the complimentary upgrade. He did say another manager had flagged our stay as "VIP" I was disappointed that my request received no response from the hotel but my Mom wanted to stay here- so we reserved and paid for the Club Level room.
My plane was delayed for several hours so my Mom went to the hotel without me, instead of waiting. She was given an early check- in and we both very much appreciated that. We had no other needs, other than a 4:00PM check- out- which we usually get being Starwood members.
We really enjoyed our stay. We had not been there for a year and immediately upon entering the Club Room, Mohammoud remembered us and gave us a big smile and a very warm welcome back. Seeing him at breakfast each morning was a great way to start our day. (Yes- Club Room is crowded so we started eating a little later and that helped)
We really didn't have any other interactions with staff except for the doorman (nice/helpful) and housekeeper who was very nice and did a great job keeping the room clean.
I am happy to report that we had an excellent stay and will probably stay here again next time we visit NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Effortless travel awaits during your visit to New York City at our Times Square Hotel, located just steps from the Theater District, Sheraton New York Times Square hotel is located between Central Park and Times Square in Manhattan's Midtown business and entertainment district. THE PERFECT NYC MEETING SPACE FOR YOUR EVENT NEEDS Providing a dedicated event staff, redesigned ballroom space and flexible meeting rooms, our NYC meeting space can make your event a total success. 60,000 sq ft of premium meeting space, 43 rooms, customized food and beverage services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton New York City
- Sheraton Hotel New York
- Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers
- Sheraton New York Towers
- New York City Sheraton