“Love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Maryland
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times now and it never disappoints. I haven't been here since the latest remodel so that was neat to see, what a fabulous job they did. Very tasteful. My husband and I usually stay on the concierge level (breakfast included, etc.,) but as I was traveling solo chose a standard room and it did not disappoint. Smaller in size but it had everything I needed with plenty of storage and a very comfortable bed. It was clean and quiet.

I absolutely love the new furnishings, art work, etc. and felt very comfortable in my room that had a pretty terrific view of Times Square. My room was located close to the elevator so I was concerned at first about noise but that was not an issue. The staff are friendly and very helpful, I just can't say enough. Look forward to my next stay here!

Great location to Central Park, Broadway, subway.....it's one of my favorite locations.

Room Tip: I've never asked for anything specific but always luck out with a great room and decent view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Texas AMC3,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and also the great view of the city from the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Joseph Giordano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,623)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

In true Sheraton fashion, the hotel doesn't disappoint, from Starbucks coffee in room to great location of hotel and great view of the city, the hotel is great for visiting the broadway scene and Central Park. Minor disappointments include having to pay for wifi, though we got ours waived, and the expensive breakfast in the attached coffee pit stop. Otherwise, this very large hotel is super convenient, and right next to the subway line for jetting across manhattan.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ptrocker
Hello PTRocker,

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and great view of the City from the hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay! We look forward to your next visit!

São Paulo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

avoid to talk with the front desk manager, he will not help you, and will tell you that "he is the boss", and decide if the front desk people can or can not talk with you ...
and I am an SPG gold member ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlosvb2016
Dear Ms. Carlosvitor,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with our Front Desk Management with the poor service response to your concerns during your stay. Our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

you deserve.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We picked this hotel base on location, we've stayed in this area a number of times in NY. Check in was slow. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had to wait in a line that snakes around like an airport security line, The check in staff was friendly and moved us from our room oN the 6th floor to the 28th floor. The room was small but comparable to most I've visited in NY. The beds are full size I think,, not queen size. Normally this would be fine, but the room was hot. When we arrive at 3 pm, we set the thermostat to 65, hoping it would cool down by bed time. When e came back in the evening, it had only cooled by 1 degree. Too hot to sleep, had to take all take bedding off. Finally at midnight called the front desk, and they sent up an engineer 40 minutes later. He overrode the thermostat to set it for 60 degrees and let me know it would revert in 72 hours. He said he'd bring back a fan, but never returned. Even set at 60, the room was 72 which still seemed hot to us. By 9 hours later it was finally to 69 degrees.

Bathroom did not have a full size tub. It was child size. What I first noticed was that there was a lot of hair in the bathtub. I worked as a hotel maid at a 5 star resort one summer in college. We had a white glove test after cleaning, if a hair was found, we had to start over. So I always look for this. There were lots of hairs in the bath tub and on the wall. The grout in the shower was stained and dirty.

Not much storage room in the closet. It was shallow to begin with but they put a table and safe in there so you anything you hung had to be short or wadded up at the bottom. No fridge.

Green Features: No basis to judge. Appeared to be ok. I don't a know what to write here but I'm being forced Tao complete this on order to submit the review
1 Thank Andy W
Hello Andy W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the poor condition of the bathroom during your stay also the frustration of the mal function of the air conditioner in your room. Our Directors of Housekeeping and Engineering has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was very easy for us to rate our stay 5 stars. Our family of four was "wowed" by the service we received during our recent 4 night stay. I felt the hotel was safe, well maintained and provided us with a great base as we explored New York for our first time. While we had a couple of glitches during our stay as any hotel might have, the management team more than made up for it with the service they provided. I would especially like to thank Ms.Funk, Ms. Kim and Mr. Foster for making us feel like we were valued guests. My teen daughters had so much fun that I think they would move to New York from Northern Wisconsin in a heartbeat. I am sure we started a new tradition for our family and will be back every year. Thank you!

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program to collect points and use the dedicated check-in line.
1 Thank Don N
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Don N,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your family’s first visit to New York City. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear how Ms. Funk, Ms. Kim and Mr. Foster were able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

We at the Sheraton New York Times Square are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm Regards,

Kingston, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very nice hotel,reasonable priced with GREAT service...There was a small problem checking in but front office director CHELSEA VENDETTE was right there to step up and accommodate my needs.She is the kind of hotel employee that makes a huge difference in your stay...Room was clean,beautifully furnished and working thermostat AC.Would definitely stay there again...Vey nice Sheraton in location that is very convenient and has great NYC history (Formerly the Americana Hotel)

Room Tip: High floor spectacular
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Frank_King99

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Chelsea was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

I agree our location is perfect being located near Times Square, Central Park, and Rockefeller Center with easy access to great shopping. We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm regards,

Morganville, NJ
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Sheraton is located several blocks from Times Square- close enough for all the attractions and yet far enough to avoid the noise of Times Square. The hotel has a large well appointed lobby and the concierge as well as the other staff are very helpful. There are brochures listing the myriad activities and tours for tourists and they are written in many languages. The hotel is within walking distance of the theater district and there are many restaurants nearby, upscale as well as fast-food type places to dine. The rooms, though small, are clean and comfortable and the bathroom is quite modern. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and the Famous Fifth Avenue shops are close by. The rooms are a bit pricey, but well worth the cost for a mid-town location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello BButensky,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our newly renovated rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew. We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay

Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our Concierge and Front Desk Staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! I agree our location is perfect. Being located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center it is so easy to get around and see all parts of the great city of New York. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,