“clean & close to mid-town attractions”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #288 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
new hampshire
“clean & close to mid-town attractions”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very clean, good size room, comfy bed and pillows. Staff at desk extremely helpful- checked us in very quickly as we were late for a game @ Yankee Stadium. The garage attached to the hotel is extremely convenient, and is a very good value ($103.00 for two days/nights). The bathroom was clean but a bit on the small size compared to other properties (Club Quarters, Millenium Hilton...). However, you just can't beat the location of this property, and I will attempt to stay here on future trips to the city if we can get as good of a deal as we did this time! We saved money and time not having to take the subway to get everywhere- almost everywhere we were heading on this particular weekend was within easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello DiveTravel,

Thank you for sharing the very helpful and quick service you experienced during your check in, there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Your kind words regarding our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. I am happy you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and our newly renovated rooms. We are happy to provide our guests a space where they can relax and renew.

Our location is second to none! We are just close enough to Times Square and many NYC attractions but a few blocks from the hustle and bustle to give our guests some relaxation. We look forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Joseph Giordano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Chatham
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at hotel lobby was not impressive. Staff very friendly. We had requested upper floor I guess they think ninth floor was upper in a fifty floor hotel.our room was right beside elevator .View out window was of office buildings.the room was fine but small.Cleaning staff must know what a vacuum cleaner is carpet dirty after they cleaned room we left a tip for service every day.Not use to paying for internet at about $20 a day.we brought these issues to front desk and they replied that because we went through a travel agent we got what ever rooms were left over.He did comp internet for two days ,one breakfast and luggage storage.I don't think we would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Peter J,

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square for your first visit to New York City! Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the poor condition of the carpet. Our Director of Housekeeping has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Again, the Sheraton Times Square never disappoints! Amazing club lounge with phenomenal views of all directions. Helpful/caring staff!
Special appreciation to Seher, always looking out for guests and remembers return guests needs!
A true professional !

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello DocDarr,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I am very happy to hear how you enjoyed the great views, service and comfort of our Club Lounge. Your kind words regarding the service of our Staff are greatly appreciated. It is so wonderful to hear that Seher was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Warm Regards,

Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times now and it never disappoints. I haven't been here since the latest remodel so that was neat to see, what a fabulous job they did. Very tasteful. My husband and I usually stay on the concierge level (breakfast included, etc.,) but as I was traveling solo chose a standard room and it did not disappoint. Smaller in size but it had everything I needed with plenty of storage and a very comfortable bed. It was clean and quiet.

I absolutely love the new furnishings, art work, etc. and felt very comfortable in my room that had a pretty terrific view of Times Square. My room was located close to the elevator so I was concerned at first about noise but that was not an issue. The staff are friendly and very helpful, I just can't say enough. Look forward to my next stay here!

Great location to Central Park, Broadway, subway.....it's one of my favorite locations.

Room Tip: I've never asked for anything specific but always luck out with a great room and decent view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Texas AMC3,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an excellent stay with us. We try our best to go above and beyond and I am glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I think our location is the best for sightseeing the great city of New York. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time. It is a quick subway ride to everywhere in the city.

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and also the great view of the city from the hotel. We are thrilled to hear your wonderful service comments our staff constantly provides great service daily and look forward to sharing your comments with our team.

Thank you and please ensure you do visit us again and spread the happiness!

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

In true Sheraton fashion, the hotel doesn't disappoint, from Starbucks coffee in room to great location of hotel and great view of the city, the hotel is great for visiting the broadway scene and Central Park. Minor disappointments include having to pay for wifi, though we got ours waived, and the expensive breakfast in the attached coffee pit stop. Otherwise, this very large hotel is super convenient, and right next to the subway line for jetting across manhattan.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ptrocker
Hello PTRocker,

I am happy you truly enjoyed the spacious renovated rooms and great view of the City from the hotel. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel met all your needs during your stay! We look forward to your next visit!

São Paulo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

avoid to talk with the front desk manager, he will not help you, and will tell you that "he is the boss", and decide if the front desk people can or can not talk with you ...
and I am an SPG gold member ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carlosvb2016
Dear Ms. Carlosvitor,

Thank you for offering us your review and guidance about your recent visit with us. I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with our Front Desk Management with the poor service response to your concerns during your stay. Our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

you deserve.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We picked this hotel base on location, we've stayed in this area a number of times in NY. Check in was slow. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had to wait in a line that snakes around like an airport security line, The check in staff was friendly and moved us from our room oN the 6th floor to the 28th floor. The room was small but comparable to most I've visited in NY. The beds are full size I think,, not queen size. Normally this would be fine, but the room was hot. When we arrive at 3 pm, we set the thermostat to 65, hoping it would cool down by bed time. When e came back in the evening, it had only cooled by 1 degree. Too hot to sleep, had to take all take bedding off. Finally at midnight called the front desk, and they sent up an engineer 40 minutes later. He overrode the thermostat to set it for 60 degrees and let me know it would revert in 72 hours. He said he'd bring back a fan, but never returned. Even set at 60, the room was 72 which still seemed hot to us. By 9 hours later it was finally to 69 degrees.

Bathroom did not have a full size tub. It was child size. What I first noticed was that there was a lot of hair in the bathtub. I worked as a hotel maid at a 5 star resort one summer in college. We had a white glove test after cleaning, if a hair was found, we had to start over. So I always look for this. There were lots of hairs in the bath tub and on the wall. The grout in the shower was stained and dirty.

Not much storage room in the closet. It was shallow to begin with but they put a table and safe in there so you anything you hung had to be short or wadded up at the bottom. No fridge.

Green Features: No basis to judge. Appeared to be ok. I don't a know what to write here but I'm being forced Tao complete this on order to submit the review
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andy W
Hello Andy W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with the poor condition of the bathroom during your stay also the frustration of the mal function of the air conditioner in your room. Our Directors of Housekeeping and Engineering has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.