“Bag stolen from room” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Bag stolen from room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife had her toiletry/make up bag stolen from the room.
We believe it was the maid and after numerous calls and emails to the hotel staff and management, nothing came of it.
Customer service???
It took many calls to numerous people to even get a call back!
I can't feel safe in a hotel like this.
We will not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: Call another hotel.
      Rooms
3 Thank Jason L
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you very much for speaking with me. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I could be of assistance.

Nona Destreza
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is nice, very central and close to all the shows and a nice walk to the Central Park.
The concierge team was very helpful and suggested various activities and helped us book some visits and get a ticket for a show.
Overall the staff was polite and professional and the housekeeping was very good.
The Starbucks in the lobby was a treat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ted L, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Tatiana V,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed exceptional convenience, service, and amenities during your time with us. As you noted, our entire staff is dedicated to creating special experiences for each and every guest, and we look forward to doing the same during your next stay.

Rockwood, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

It has a great location. Room is the smallest we have ever had. Bathroom is closet size. Front desk staff are not friendly. Act perturbed that they have to help you. I would hope the manager would address their attitude. Cleaning staff is great. Very friendly and accommodating. Probably would stay elsewhere on next trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Try to book early due to location.
Green Features: They do try to conserve. Sheraton is concerned. They conserve on changing sheets and towels.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank coachk23
Hello coachk23,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to recount your experience. Guests love our prime location in the heart of Midtown, and it is nice to see that you found it convenient and exciting as well. And though I am also pleased that you found our housekeeping staff to be friendly, it is disappointing to hear that those at the front desk were not as accommodating. I assure you that this is not representative of a typical Sheraton experience. Furthermore, for a more spacious and luxurious accommodations, I encourage you to visit one of our Club Rooms, which includes enhanced extras and access to Club Lounge. If you have any questions or if there is any I can be of assistance, please feel free to reach out to me at joseph.giordano@Sheraton.com. Thank you once again, and I truly hope you choose to return.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Wow! Super easy check In and such great service! Ask for Duanus at the front desk he is incredible! Super attentive and just AWESOME! Room was great service perfect! Great location and fabulous amenities!

Location
1 Thank Sally K
Hello Sally K,

It is wonderful to know you enjoyed the “best stay ever” at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. We take pride in making travel simple and seamless for all of our guests, and you can expect a similarly easy check-in process in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another relaxing visit. Please feel free to contact us directly if there is any way we can be of service.

Pacifica, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

So I want to like this hotel. It's centrally located - although a half mile from Times Square. When you get a decent room on a high floor its very nice. And if you are SPG Platinum like me, the club room is awesome.

But they can treat you like crap. I just showed up at 12:15am, and was told that they had no king rooms, but they would put me in a "parlour room" with a queen bed. "The manager stays there usually", said the desk clerk.

I was tired, and said OK. I got to the room and it was essentially part of a party suite on the 5th floor, with 4 easy chairs, a sofa and a lumpy tiny murphy bed sitting on the floor. And the noise from the street was pretty loud.

I tried to like it. But 15 minutes later I was downstairs at the front desk.

"All we have are double bed rooms" said the clerk. I suggested that since I'd reserved a King they were kind of obligated to give me one. The clerk fuddled around on the computer and then slunk into the back room. It's been five minutes and she hasn't returned. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

(3 minutes later): the desk clerk comes back with a king bedroom on a low floor. I had requested a high floor - but this was what they were able to unearth.

Three stars for at least, finally, getting me what I paid for. But definitely if you're going to this hotel, stick to your guns and get the room you reserved. It's shocking what I had to go through at (what was now) 1am to get somewhere decent to sleep.

Oh and surprisingly for the city that never sleeps, room service and the bar both close at midnight. So I went to bed hungry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank jlouderb
Hello jlouderb,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your review. While it sounds like our staff was eventually able to sort out your room issue, we apologize that these problems arose at all. It is our goal to make your travel stress-free and accommodating; I apologize that your stay was not entirely consistent with that standard. Should you choose to stay with us again—and I hope you do_I’m confident we can show you the true comfort of a Sheraton New York Times Square experience.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location near Times Square. Although we didn't experience any noise on the floor as other travellers have however the reception area was extremely crowded due to some dance competition which seemed to last the whole 8 days we were there. That didn't bother us too much as we didn't spend much time down there. Bar staff aren't that customer friendly yet still expect tips of 18%!!! Most places we found actually preselect this for you! Reception on arrival gave us free wifi access for 3 devices during our stay. Rooms as ok, bathroom is really small, safe free in room, towels changed daily and beds made if required. Lighting is poorly situated but I guess the whole purpose is not to be in the room too much. Beware mini bar in the room - if you move any items to allow your personal items to be stored, you will be charged as there is a trigger device in all the slots. Having mentioned our mistake to reception, they did waive any charges as we hadn't consumed anything. And I wouldn't judging by the prices!!!

However, my biggest problem was the size of the double beds!!! We had booked a room with 2 double beds thinking this is adequate for a family of 4. Those are not double beds by anyone's standards! My husband and I shared one and I quickly learnt to turn over in a tiny space. If we both lay flat, there was no room between us and we were against the edge! We have a double bed in our home in UK but this was mildly larger than a single bed. We questioned reception the next day and were advised these were standard sizes so 2 doubles or one queen in a room. Knowing there was 4 travellers, I am really disappointed that we were not advised that we should really book 2 rooms. Having already spent £5000 getting there, my daughter ended up sleeping on the floor for 7 nights!

I would probably book somewhere else next time despite the convenience (close to cafés for breakfast, near Central Park, near subway station) as the bed sizes have really put me off.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank xmasjones
Joe G, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Mr. XmasJones,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I think our location is the best for sightseeing located near Times Square, Central Park and Rockefeller Center and access to great shopping. It provides such easy accessibility you are able to see the entire city in short travel time it’s a quick subway ride to everywhere.

I do want to apologize for the difficulties you had with our Front Desk Staff with the poor service response of not explaining the room availability according to your requests. Our Director of the Front Office has been notified. We are always trying to improve our service and I want to thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us know what service specifically needs to be improved.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your unpleasant experience while staying at the Sheraton New York Times Square and would love another chance to show you the experience you deserve.

Joseph Giordano
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked the hotel via a Hotwire deal. I knew it would be the Sheraton so I was pretty happy. The hotel's location is quite good, close to the main Manhattan sights (e.g I went to a Rangers game @Madison square garden which was a 20 min walk). The bathrooms are tiny though. Would I book this hotel again? Probably yes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Hello BalthasarS,

Thank you for the great feedback there is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay. It is great to hear that our central location added convenience to your stay.

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Warm Regards,