“Loved my stay in NY all thanks to the Sheraton!”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #287 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Once I got out of the cab ride to the hotel I was blown away by the doors man and the lovely reception staff who made checking in a breeze and were very informative on anything that we wanted to know. The room was a perfect size and the beds were very very comfortable!
Always were clean which is something that I like about a good hotel and the noise level between rooms was also very good.

I loved the location as it was close to the train station which was so easy getting from place to place then walking all the time and clearly Times Square! NY is a fantastic place and I would recommend staying here if you're wanting to be in the hustle and bustle of the big apple!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ted L, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello littlemissgiggles379,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about your stay at the Sheraton New York Times Square. It sounds like you enjoyed the perfect stay, from the moment you arrived through departure. One thing you noted, which many guests are surprised to find, is how peaceful our accommodations are, considering the nonstop activity of Times Square. Next time you’re in town, we hope you’ll think of our hotel, as we would greatly appreciate another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel with fabulous services. They have a concierge, valet, Bellman, Starbucks coffee in the lobby. Very convenient to broadway shows, MOMA, St. Patrick's and many others! Dont eat or drink there however, way overpriced. There is a great deli on 53rd that makes a great egg and cheese for $2.50.and

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello travelopinionsjb,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and various services and amenities. As you noted, our guests enjoy convenient access to many of New York City’s top theaters, museums, restaurants, and more. We always strive to give our guests a great value, which is why we are concerned that your dining experience left you disappointed. If you would like to discuss this issue in greater detail, I invite you to contact me directly at joseph.giordano@Sheraton.com. Thanks again—we look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Let me be the first to state that when I read reviews on Trip Advisor I take them with a grain of salt because what seems to bother some may not be a huge bother to me and I like to give a hotel a fair shot. With that being said, when I read the bad reviews about this place I thought surely these people were just maybe being a tad bit dramatic. That was wishful thinking on my part. So here goes my story.

Thursday evening my mother called the Sheraton to confirm our reservations. This was a girl's weekend for my mother, myself and my best friend who had flown in from Georgia. My best friend and I would be checking us in because my mother was flying from California and would not be in until late Friday evening. My mom is a SPG Platinum member and used her Suite Night points for this trip. When she called to confirm the reservations she spoke with a Gentleman named Robert. He confirmed that her suite nights had been approved and we would be getting a Parlor Suite on the club level floor with 2 beds and that me cheking in first would not be an issue and told her ALL about the SPG perks at this hotel. Perks such as access to the Club Lounge, great view of the city from our room which would be on the 44th floor or above, access to the fitness center for no charge and also early check in and late check out if available. Sounds great right? Yeah we thought so too. So far so good we thought.

My friend and I took the train into the city from Jersey ( I live there) on Friday July 18th and got to the Sheraton. We were exhausted from the night before as my friend's flight was severly delayed and we didn't get back to my home until 1am and then had to be up at 5am so we could take the train in that Friday morning and get the most from our 3 day weekend. When we got to the Sheraton we went to the SPG desk as advised by Robert. On approach of the SPG desk the lady behind the counter had a most unpleasant look on her face as if it pained her to even be there. She greeted us with lack of enthusiam and asked me if I was at the right desk and was I an SPG member. I am a young 33 and dress inpeccably so I was a bit taken aback when she asked me right off the bat if I was at the wrong desk. I advised that the reservation was under my mother and that she will be joining us late that evening as she is flying in from California. Right away Jade interrupted my sentence and advised me that my mother had to be there to check in ( my mother had put me on the reservation as well as Robert had confimed the night before) I advised her of that same thing. She ended up seeing me on the reservation and then she asked how many people were going to be staying in the room as she had us down for a king bed room. I told her that there must be a mistake as Robert told my mother we had a Parlor Suite and there were 2 double beds in that room. She immediately cut me off mid sentence and told me that I was wrong and that the suite nights were in fact NOT approved as they were sold out( she said all double bed rooms for that matter were sold out and she tried to tell me that one of us would have to sleep on a chaise lounge) ( umm no.) nor would we be getting any SPG amenties because my mother was not there to check in. I told her I would call my mother and have her speak to her because there must be some mistake. Jade then told me that she is refusing to speak with my mother. I asked to speak with the manager. She advised all managers were busy and that I could have my mom call the SPG desk and they would be happy to explain to her how the program works ( my mother travels for business and knows how the program works quite well). I explained to her that I would wait for a manager. She then told me it could be a while, I advised I had time. She went through a door behind her and after about 10 minutes of waiting she came out with the Manager Adam. Adam explained to me that he was very sorry for the inconvienence and I explained my story. I asked him if a Robert even worked there because it seemed that all the promises that were made were imaginary. He did say that he did work there but could not understand how I got such incorrect information. Apparently my mom is a liar. He then magically found a regular double bed room that we could stay in until my mom came and then we could change to a suite. I advised that my mother would be getting in around midnight and the last thing that she is going to want to do is have to wait for us to get our things together to switch rooms at midnight especially when she had already confirmed our room the night before. He told me that was policy and that there was nothing he could do. I made the executive decision to just let my mom call SPG and handle it as I was getting nowhere. Oh yeah he did offer me a complimentary cup of coffee for my inconvienence. How gracious. Our room was not ready so we stowed our bags at the bag check and walked around NYC for a few hours until ready.

We received a room on the 37th floor. I think it was room 3727. Upon entering the room it was extremely hot and humid and let me say my closet is probably bigger than this room. My friend decided to take a shower and when she came out she advised that there was mold all in the tub tile and that the water was clogging in the tub. I called the front desk and was told that maintenance would be up shortly. Not a sorry or anything. 30 minutes go by and no maintenance. I called again. They acted like they had no clue that I called 30 minutes ago and that maintenance was supposed to come up. I was assured they would be up. 30 more minutes went by and still no maintenance. My friend and I had dinner reservations and could no longer wait, We "hoped" that they would have it fixed by the time we got back. While we were out my mother called and said after many delays her flight got cancelled and would be in NYC in the early afternoon the next day. We got back to the hotel room and sure enough.. mold still in tile and tub still clogging. It was pretty late and we had had a few cocktails so we decided we would let my mom handle it tomorrow.

Saturday morning we woke up and my mom had left me a voicemail saying that she is having to stay in California on business until this week so she couldn't join us. She did advise that she would be calling SPG about the appaling way we were treated. We decided not to call the front desk any longer about the mold/ clogging tub issue as they clearly did not care to fix it and we only had one more day left in this dreaded hotel.

Sunday morning we left the room at 9:45am to check out. I am going to say this ALL THE REVIEWS ABOUT HORRIBLE CHECK OUT ARE TRUE! We waited 35 minutes to take an elevator to the lobby because every elevator that came was full of people and there was no room to get on. We finally crammed ourselves in an elevator going up because eventually we knew it would come down. I have never been so ready to leave a property in my life. I will never be returning to this Sheraton ever again. It is sad because the hotel itself is very beautiful and the rooms are decorated very modern and stylish for a hotel aside from being uber small ( even smaller than NYC standards)

My tip for you if you choose to stay at this hotel is to make sure you bring cleaning supplies, a plunger and your patience because you will need all 3. I would have rated them a zero but you have to pick a rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LMT1066

Hello LMT1066,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough, honest review of your recent girls’ weekend at our hotel. We are extremely concerned by your experience and regret that you received such uncharacteristic service throughout your stay. We know how stressful it must have been to arrive amidst confusion and have to sort through conflicting information. In hopes to better understanding how these events unfolded, we would like to speak directly at your earliest convenience. I can be reached via email at joseph.giordano@Sheraton.com. We are solely concerned with making things right and will be taking any actions necessary to ensure these issues remain isolated. Once again, our sincerest apologies for such a disappointing, frustrating experience; you deserve better, and we hope to someday earn back your trust.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 10 days with my daughter. A small room with 2 beds. Everything was clean. And the staff was friendly. Loved all the staff at Starbucks. It was always busy and crowded in the lobby, but the front desk people were always helpful and kind. Fantastic location in the middle of Times Square, Central Park, and a Rockefeller.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello trixiahorner,

It is wonderful to know you and your daughter enjoyed a “wonderful” 10-day stay at the Sheraton New York Times Square. You can expect to be greeted by the same friendly, helpful staff with each return visit. If there is anything we can do to make a future stay more comfortable or enjoyable, please do not hesitate to get in touch. There is so much so see, do, and experience in the area, and we would love to help you discover it all.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had to recently stay in a pet friendly hotel for a night (I live in Brooklyn) and I choose the Sheraton In times square. It was a great rate especially for NYC. Fair enough it was a weekday and not a weekend rate and I am sure there is a difference. I also choose this location because a pal was visiting from out of town and wanted to see the sights and this hotel is centrally located for everything (sights and subway). Furthermore it is very hard to find pet friendly hotels in NYC and it was such a nice surprise to find a name brand hotel that accepted pets close to my house. Also the staff was amazing and super friendly!

I was sad there was no pool because I love hotel pool access, but they did have an amazing room service! I love room service which is slowly, but surely disappearing because it is such a money suck for hotels so I love, love, love hotels that keep room service especially ones that are 24 hours! They also had the cards you could put outside of your door to pre-order breakfast so you can plan the time. Love that and the eggs and bacon, muffins and fruit were awesome!

Also they don't offer extras for pets as a rule, but my cat got a treat so she was also happy with the service and the respect she was shown as a princess cat. My cat knows she is in charge (even of the hotel; not just me) and appreciates the respect to her authority!

They even had one of my favorite stores in their lobby. I was gonna give them 4 stars because of no pool bc I love a pool, but the service, location, and food made me give them 5 stars! Recommend!

Room Tip: The rooms are so quiet so it doesn't matter what's going on next door (been here twice and b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelkat2014
Ted L, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello travelkat2014,

Thank you for your recent stay and your wonderful review. We are so glad that you and your cat both enjoyed exceptional service. Your cat is an excellent boss and we have the utmost respect for her authority! We hope you'll both join us again on your next stay in Manhattan.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I just came back from my second annual visit to the Sheraton Times Square. It never disappoints me. The location is fabulous, the room is comfortable, the décor is lovely and the staff is wonderful. I have had the good fortune to stay on the Concierge Club level which makes it even more special. The staff in the club go above and beyond to accommodate travelers. There is one employee in the club lounge who stood out this year and last named Muhammad Ramzan. It is obvious that he really enjoys his job and will go out of his way to ensure that his guests have everything they need.

Room Tip: I think in general higher floors are quieter but the city is noisy and that is part of the charm.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank nanopp

Hello nanopp,

We can't thank you enough for your repeat business, and we are so glad to hear you've made the Sheraton New York Times Square an annual tradition. Muhammad is a wonderful employee, and we appreciate you letting us know that he went above and beyond. We will pass along the kudos. So glad to have you, and looking forward to your next visit!

Good location.
Front Desk - good staff. Managers - Seher and Rinad are genuinely real managers.
Lobby - huge but noisy, rather too noisy.
Food - very limited options in the hotel.
Breakfast option - expensive for money charged.
House keeping - poor.
Building/rooms - aged, out of age and quality.
Conceige - great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank S S

Hello S S,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our fabulous location and received great service. Hope you had a lovely trip and that you'll join us again soon.