“Good hotel in a great location”

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
Ranked #289 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Perth, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of an organised trip from Canada. We found the hotel to be good in all areas except for the slight issue I would have with the size of the beds in room. We were a family of 4 and the beds were only queen size but we made do. The hotel is located just to the north of Time Square so ideally situated to see the sights and sounds of NYC. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others planning a trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces 5th Ave as you will get a good view down towards Time Square.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Derek R
Ted L, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Derek R,

We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent trip to NYC and enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It’s an honor that you would recommend us to others! Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton New York Times Square, and for taking the time to write a great review. We hope to see you again very soon!

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,557)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Napanee, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice spot. One of the busiest hotels I have ever stayed in, but well managed, clean and friendly. Close to Central Park, a variety of restaurants and shopping at Times Square. Glad it wasn't in the center of Times Square which was a crazy, cool, madhouse. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Kim M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are so glad that chose to stay with us, and enjoyed our prime location in Midtown Manhattan. We hope that you’ll come back again in the future, to take advantage of some other amenities that you might have missed on your last visit, like our fitness center, Club Lounge, and fabulous dining at Hudson Market. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel... The bellman were very helpful with my car and getting my stuff to the front desk...upon checkin I ask what I have a view of being my room is on the 49th floor... The young lady informs me there are buildings all around the hotel. I was quite taken back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 1268
Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the Sheraton New York Times Square. We are disappointed to hear that check-in came with a surprise. The views from our guest rooms do indeed vary, and depending on availability we can often accommodate specific requests. We apologize that your view wasn’t what you had hoped, but we’re confident your next stay will be better. Thanks again for choosing us; we hope you’ll decide to stay with us on your next visit to New York City.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Traveling into NYC on business yet again and I had to move from my typical hotel to this one and my main concern was its proximity to Times Square and the general masses of tourists in general. Well, much to my surprise it's not that close to Times Square which is a plus but there a huge amount of people/mainly tourists in this hotel. Most of whom are there because of the free WiFi which means that everyone of course flocks to the lobby and the lounge area. Check in was relatively smooth but if you want to be on a preferred floor and have status with SPG you will have to 'remind' them of that important aspect. Other than that, the check in was smooth. As this is a popular tourist hotel they do have someone by the hotel elevators that is supposed to monitor guests going in and out later, I found out its more for keeping delivery guys back which is common at other hotels.

The rooms were well appointed but they were small. They weren't W on Lexington small but they were still small. Everything looked like it had been recently renovated but the rooms were smaller. The bathroom in a traditional king size room is really really small - so if you get a room that's smaller or 'cozy", go ahead and upgrade. The club lounge was very nice and but once again there were always loads of people in there. The staff was nice but the variation of food was poor. No hot breakfast food and the snacks were the same day in and day out. They could be a bit more creative and with that said I think its not the best value for money if you are actually paying for that upgrade.

Overall, it was one of the better Sheraton's I've been to and it would be great to see those few improvements addressed. Would recommend for tourists and if you're on business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank remadrid17
Hello remadrid,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others in the future. We sincerely appreciate your honest feedback about the crowds, accommodations, service, and cuisine. We hope to have those issues cleared up by the next time you visit, and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great time at the Sheraton. Friendly staff and a great location. Concierge organised some great tickets to Wicked with dinner included. Staff were helpful with advice and directions. Comfortable room. Was busy during my stay but this did not affect my time. Will be back during my next visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul B
Hello Paul B,

Thanks for your review. We are delighted that you had a nice stay with us at the Sheraton New York Times Square. We’re also glad that you took advantage of our concierge services and were able to enjoy dinner and a show. We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Traveling into town on business solo with 3 year old toddler in tow. Friends staying in same hotel who were going to help with childcare so we tried to get rooms on same floor. Hotel stated they could not request over the phone and we would both have to be present at front desk. That was fine but my friends arrived earlier and had to check in as they also traveling with two young children to get situated. When I came to check in the lady stated there were no rooms available on floor, but she was kind enough to go out of way to try and accommodate our request. There was block of rooms that hadn't checked in and she could release one of those rooms. There was dirty room that she would have cleaned on the same floor and would have someone deliver key to my friend's room. She even had gone in the back to check with or speak with her manager and initially I was very impressed with hotel and service. Went up to room to wait. Saw a room being cleaned right next door as the kids went in and out between the two rooms my friends were in. WONDERFUL! How convenient I thought to myself- exactly what we requested. But wait...another couple just went into that room with suitcases. Okay, maybe not my room but at least we will still be on same floor.

Well now it was over an hour later as visiting with friends but thinking- when is my room going to be ready? I have burdened the space capacity of my friends room long enough. Called down to front desk. Huh? the person there unaware of prior agent's request and apparently nothing written down under my name or reservation about it. Now, no room available. Very apologetic but nothing for her to do other than say she will talk to manager and have them call me. Okay, well another ~30 minutes passes before I call down again- What!!! this manager says first I've heard about it. Now no rooms, hours later- hungry and tired toddler, meeting first thing in the morning! Okay now new room getting cleaned. Oops wait no, call back- room ready on floor above my friends. Well now just taking it at this point. Apology from night manager but no offers for any compensation. I call back down and request internet because I need to check schedule for my meeting. The manager states pay the fee and will be taking care of by him- so I hope at least that will be some compensation and that I don't end up with bill at end for that as well because no one seems to be communicating at the front desk.

As an aside, having to go to the meeting at the next door Hilton- at least judging from their lobby- seems like that hotel is much nicer and if my friends and I weren't starwoods members (which made no difference here anyway), I should have taken advantage and stayed there instead! Now I am stuck here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank linda m
Ted L, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, Guest Relations at Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Linda M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. It sounds like we really dropped the ball here, and we sincerely apologize. Hopefully the rest of your stay will more than make up for the negative experience at check-in. We know it can be tough traveling with a toddler, and you deserve exceptional service from everyone at our hotel. Please let us know what we can do to make your stay more pleasant from here on out.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is a very large and busy hotel with lots of tourists that make lots of noise. Although the hotel is in the heart of mid town on 7th Ave at 52nd St, most of the noise is from other travelers talking loudly or running up and down the halls rather than from the busy streets below. Rooms were decent, not luxurious. A/C was good. Although we were on the 48th floor, there were at least 10 elevators and elevators are segregated into 1-25 and 26-50 so elevator travel was very quick (unlike other reviewers had complained of). Never ate anything in hotel since many diners and fast food placed without short walking distance of hotel. Subway stations are within 1-3 block walk from front door so very convenient. However, traffic on 7th Ave is often at a complete standstill so cab riding can be frustrating. Overall decent experience though not stellar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alvin I
Hello Alvin I,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sheraton New York Times Square. We're glad you enjoyed our central Times Square location, despite the hustle and bustle it can sometimes bring. With the abundance of great dining in the area, we can certainly understand dining out. Should you choose to enjoy one of our in-house restaurants next time, we’re confident you’ll have a great experience. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you'll stay with us again soon.