“Awesome hotel room, great location and brilliant staff!!”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #8 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sherry-Netherland for one night only which was such a shame as it is brilliant.
On my arrival I was ever so nicely greeted and looked after by the front desk.
My room was 1111 and I can honestly say that when I entered it my jaw hit the floor. It is massive. The lounge is big and can certainly be used to host a drink reception. There is a kitchen area, small but does the job.
The bedroom was big as well and the bed ................ one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, especially the pillows. As soft as anything.
The location is great on 5th Avenue, at the south end of Central Park and north end of the shops.
Would I stay there again . Absolutely.

Room Tip: Room 1111 was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank K-Man62

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the way it must have been for my mom in New York City in the '50's...like visiting your dowager aunt living quietly in elegance on the Upper East Side. Today, it's mostly a residence with fifty or so rooms available. Ours was a suite on the tenth floor, loads of space, a deco bathroom, a kitchenette filled with complimentary soft drinks (a lovely touch)...my daughter left a note saying "I (loveheart) this hotel" which just about sums up our visit. A particular pleasure was our interchanges with the elevator operators...of course we could have pushed the buttons ourselves, but how enjoyable to have a real person watching out for you. We also loved the back entrance to Cipriani's...we felt very sophisticated sitting at the four seat bar having a Martini (ask for a "Hemingway"). The Sherry isn't the newest or coolest midtown hotel, but it continues to deliver an elegance of another time...an experience you'll surely enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank a2vie
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We have been coming to New York City since I was a little boy, and I know all of the finest hotels in the city very well. I am now in my sixties, and there is no other hotel I would stay at in the city besides the Sherry. The rooms are beautiful, the location is the best, the staff is genuinely caring, they are like a family. And it is truly a value, not a rip-off like most other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidMorton_11
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have been to midtown Manhattan many times and have stayed in a variety of hotels. This place has been the best. Nice, quiet hotel near Central Park...not noisy like the hotels near Times Square. Never had to wait for an elevator. The place has white gloved elevator operators! Rooms are nice and big and super clean. Right across the street from the Plaza if you are in the mood for some drinks. Within walking distance of everything. Will stay here again...just loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danesthesia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Took my wife to NYC for her 50th b-day. The hotel is beautiful inside and the decor in rooms etc. made us feel as if we went back in time to the early 1900's but with modern amenities. Very ornate lobby and elevators (real live elevator operators) Great location at Central Park and within a 10 to 15 minute walk to Time Square and Broadway shows. We have stayed near Time Square in the past but wanted something less crazy and this place met our expectations. Also a short walk to Metropolitan Museum and You can pick up hop on hop off sightseeing buses, take carriage ride a block away from hotel. So for us it was convenient near attractions and less hectic than other parts of the city. We got a great price break and paid for three nights and got third for free. It is hard to find an inexpensive luxury hotel in this area. This hotel also has upscale residences in it.

Room Tip: Look for package deal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ddrell
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The Sherry-Netherland is most definitely a very unique and exceptional hotel. While I was staying there, I felt as if I were staying in an elegant pre-war Fifth Avenue co-op apartment. The old-world elegance and the attention to the details of hospitality (a hand-written welcome note from the manager, fresh flowers, a box of lovely chocolates, gratis beverages in the refrigerator, and white-gloved elevator operators) make The Sherry-Netherland a breath of fresh air in today's cookie-cutter world of sameness and mediocrity. The Sherry-Netherland is heads and shoulders above its competition! Kudos to the exceptional staff---especially Renee and Russell. I look forword to my next stay at The Sherry!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank WDTBear
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Rooms were large and beautifully decorated!! Staff was helpful & friendly. Very comfortable bed!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family