“An absolutely wonderful hotel with welcoming staff”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #8 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This was our family's 4th stay at The Sherry-Netherland. We absolutely love it. Perfect location, updated rooms, great beds, incredibly clean, marble finishes in the bathrooms, flatscreen TVs, tons of bathroom amenities, etc. Our kids are made to feel welcome, each received a personalized gift bag with goodies inside. These are the little things that show the staff really cares. I can't praise this hotel and its staff enough. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank zosocane

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Went there for our 10th wedding anniversary and were completely taken aback by the staff and hotel. I've never in my life seen such quality service. You are made to feel as if you own the whole hotel. Everywhere you go, you are greeted with smiles and friendly comments. If you want a truly amazing experience and many wonderful memories and are going to NYC, put this hotel at the top of your list. Thank you to all the staff @ the Sherry ...there are too many of you to name specifically, but you were all awesome !! We'll be back ASAP.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We have been planning for this trip a long time, first time for my children to to New York!!, I have three boys, ages 7, 11, and 14, picking them up from Camp in upstate New York. We stayed for 13 nights!! can you imagine?
Where do I start........everything was truly exceptional, the rooms that we where assigned to...perfect one bedroom suite with a sofa bed on the other room, a kitchenette that saved us a bunch of expenses by having cereal or a sandwich now and then, and also feeling like residents a bit. In front of our suite, a room for my other two boys, also perfect, the decoration, very clean and luxurious..........and the beds are the most cozy and confortable beds we have ever experienced in any hotel, and we have been all over the world. The staff, how we felt welcomed with gifts for our kids, sodas and water for free every day and the amazing service worth mentioning Tammy at the front desk, she is the best!! and Kristina Kinet, Thank you for everything!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sherry-Netherland for one night only which was such a shame as it is brilliant.
On my arrival I was ever so nicely greeted and looked after by the front desk.
My room was 1111 and I can honestly say that when I entered it my jaw hit the floor. It is massive. The lounge is big and can certainly be used to host a drink reception. There is a kitchen area, small but does the job.
The bedroom was big as well and the bed ................ one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, especially the pillows. As soft as anything.
The location is great on 5th Avenue, at the south end of Central Park and north end of the shops.
Would I stay there again . Absolutely.

Room Tip: Room 1111 was excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank K-Man62
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the way it must have been for my mom in New York City in the '50's...like visiting your dowager aunt living quietly in elegance on the Upper East Side. Today, it's mostly a residence with fifty or so rooms available. Ours was a suite on the tenth floor, loads of space, a deco bathroom, a kitchenette filled with complimentary soft drinks (a lovely touch)...my daughter left a note saying "I (loveheart) this hotel" which just about sums up our visit. A particular pleasure was our interchanges with the elevator operators...of course we could have pushed the buttons ourselves, but how enjoyable to have a real person watching out for you. We also loved the back entrance to Cipriani's...we felt very sophisticated sitting at the four seat bar having a Martini (ask for a "Hemingway"). The Sherry isn't the newest or coolest midtown hotel, but it continues to deliver an elegance of another time...an experience you'll surely enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank a2vie
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We have been coming to New York City since I was a little boy, and I know all of the finest hotels in the city very well. I am now in my sixties, and there is no other hotel I would stay at in the city besides the Sherry. The rooms are beautiful, the location is the best, the staff is genuinely caring, they are like a family. And it is truly a value, not a rip-off like most other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidMorton_11
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have been to midtown Manhattan many times and have stayed in a variety of hotels. This place has been the best. Nice, quiet hotel near Central Park...not noisy like the hotels near Times Square. Never had to wait for an elevator. The place has white gloved elevator operators! Rooms are nice and big and super clean. Right across the street from the Plaza if you are in the mood for some drinks. Within walking distance of everything. Will stay here again...just loved it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends