2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$920
Hotels.comUS$920
PricelineUS$920
Preferred HotelsUS$920
FindHotelUS$920
CheapTicketsUS$920
All reviews harry cipriani central park new york plaza hotel fifth avenue room service home away from home beautiful hotel beautiful room location is ideal rooms are large suite elevator nyc lobby refrigerator subway
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Our stay at the Sherry (Sept. 17-20) was wonderful. The hotel is steps away from Central Park, FAO, and Bergdorffs. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Any request was immediately taken care of. The rooms are larger than the average NYC hotel. The restaurant and bar are well worth the visit. We felt as if we were a guest at a fabulous home instead of a hotel. Warm and welcoming! Stocked mini bar in the room and umbrellas for the rainy days.
The beds were very comfortable.
We will be back.

Room tip: All rooms are different decor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank thatswazzup
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We were fortunate to have a beautiful suite on the 20th floor. Traditional in design, the room was very comfortable and luxurious. The service was excellent. I would definitely recommend it to others. This was a business trip for my husband and his partners, but the wives tagged along for the shopping and theatre! So it was business and pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank koplinwithak
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The room was gorgeous, beautifully decorated, the service was excellent, the view from the window remarkable, the localization excellent. I do recommend staying at the Sherry Netherland Hotel if you go to New York.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susie L
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I just got back from my Labor Day weekend at The Sherry and will go again in a heart-beat when the next special comes along.

I like the challenge of finding 5-star deals on a budget. When I also manage to get the same exceptional service and attention as those who can easily afford such luxury, it's a very rare combination indeed. But the Sherry hit a home run on both counts and I think that I've found my special go-to place to stay. From the youngest to the oldest employee, from the early morning/late night front desk staff to every single elevator captain and bellop, ALL were unfailingly polite and cheerful! You really get the sense that they love their jobs and they are super happy to serve. Each time my mother and I came through the door, I felt as though we were truly welcomed "home". In fact, it got to be nothing to just hang out in the lobby and get the best tips on where to shop or get the best coffee and brunch. I am serious...this staff can give the top hotels in NYC some lessons in true hospitality.

Room 211, which I think was a wonderful upgrade on their part, is fit for any special occasion. Spacious, beautifully appointed with a big screen TV and a gazillion cable stations, a wonderful large bathroom, lots of light , and a birds-eye view of the CBS Early Show studio....not to mention a corner of the famous corner anchored by The Plaza Hotel. There were times when we just felt like "staying put", but we didn't miss out on the buzz of the city. It was right outside to see!

Want to get away quick? The subway stop is right around the corner of the hotel. You can be in Union Square (HUGE Filene's and Whole Foods Market) in less than 25-minutes. Feel like you need to commit to an East Side -vs-West Side experience? Don't bother. You can do both without much effort with cabs and cross-town buses all around -- not to mention horse drawn carriages. An escape to the more magical? Famous Central Park, which can seem postively other-worldly in the quiet morning sunlight, is steps aways.

When in NYC, we usually stay at The Casablanca, The Elysee, and The Lucerne. Each has a lot to recommend it. But I honestly have to say that I am going to take time to check out the Sherry first before I look elsewhere from now on. If you really want to kick your NYC experience up a notch, you should too. You'll be really glad that you did!

Room tip: Ask for a City Room with lots of light and a park view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Aria_G
Reviewed 2 September 2011

With its wonderful location off Central Park, this very traditionally elegant hotel has a lot to offer. Be careful about room selection, the variation is greater than most hotels. Staff is efficient if slightly stiff. Pricey but probably worth it.

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank karl v