The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Plaza(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Park Lane Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
AKA Central Park(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chambers Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Whitby Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Delmonico(New York City)
  • Room Service
All reviewsharry ciprianicentral parkelevator operatorcipriani restaurantapple storeelevator attendantsnew yorkplaza hotelfifth avenueroom servicehome away from homewalk in closetbeautiful hotelupper east sidebeautiful roomhotel guestsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2012

When we pulled up at the curb in front of the hotel we were greeted immediately by the bellman. He whisked our luggage into the hotel, the car was taken care of and we were instantly relaxing, enjyoing NYC.

Room Tip: Corner units have more windows and some with amazing Central Park views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NycHappytraveler
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The information about the Sherry-Netherland is very misleading. To begin with, a wide-angle lens was used to photograph the lobby and sitting area, which together are nothing more than a hallway.

Furthermore, an in-room kitchen is pictured among the hotel photos, which lead me to believe that I could expect this amenity. Perhaps that was naïve of me, but I was not mistaken in my understanding that a microwave oven would be available upon request at the time of booking. Therefore, the derision with which the person on the desk met my query came as a shock. She informed me that since I’d only booked a room and not a suite, I couldn’t expect anything, She went on to ask if I thought they had microwaves just lying around. I requested that this rude X-X look into the matter and, 20 minutes later, someone came with the oven. This was my experience of their much vaunted concierge service.

As to it being a “cherished boutique hotel” or a “luxury hotel”, so described on the Sherry-Netherland website, it was shabby and the décor in my room had nothing in particular to recommend it.

Then there are the elevator attendants, a number of immigrant men who stand around with very little to keep them occupied. They were a nice enough bunch and I’m glad they have work, but they are somewhat redundant. After all, I can press a button in an elevator without any help.

I’ve seen much better hotels that cost much less money. Who ever gave this place 4 ½ stars?

Yes, I realize that one pays for location and that I rented ‘only’ a room and not a suite but, as a regular visitor to New York, I am never staying at the Sherry- Netherland again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
32  Thank Well_Travelled_TO
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We loved our stay at the Sherry. The accommodations were so wonderful - enormous beautiful room overlooking Central Park and close to the subway and great eating and shopping spots. And the staff was flat out great. It had been a long while since we had been to NYC. They helped us regain our subway prowess, helped with tickets, and they were very accommodating, friendly, and professional. I hope we have an opportunity to stay there again soon!

Room Tip: Even rooms that face the strreet are extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MRB R
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed at the Sherry during my last 4-day business trip to NYC. The location was great - right across from the Plaza Hotel, the Apple Store, and a stone's throw to the beautiful shops on Fifth Avenue. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly concierge. The elevators are operated by "white-glove elevator attendants", which felt like a little treat every time I went up or down. My room was everything a girl could want on her first business trip to NYC - a dressing room (!!!) with a plush white robe and ample space to hang things, a Keurig coffee maker with unlimited coffee pods, a chandelier, fresh bouquets of flowers, boxes of Godiva chocolates, and a "welcome" card from the hotel manager. Every morning I ordered room service from Cipriani's, the restaurant attached to the hotel. The omlette was delicious, and filling out my breakfast form the night before, and hanging it on my door knob, quickly became a ritual.

One evening the neighbours were making quite a lot of noise, and I called down to the concierge at midnight. Within 10 minutes someone was upstairs to check on the situation, and shortly thereafter things quieted down. Similarly, when I couldn't get the wifi to work, the concierge offered to send up an IT person to help me figure it out. The staff was attentive, and although they had a bit of that brusque NY attitude (different from what Canadians are typically used to), they were extremely helpful. In the evenings, someone would come to turn down the bed, and leave little Godiva chocolate squares throughout the room. They would tidy up the newspapers and clothes in my room, and make sure it looked warm and cozy for when I got home. I loved it, and would not hesitate to go back again.

Room Tip: The view to the courtyard left much to be desired, but cost significantly less.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LifeAbroadHeather
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My sister and I decided to meet in NYC and chose the Sherry for its excellent location. Rooms are vary large, especially for a NY hotel, and nicely decorated. Room service was expensive but excellent quality. The business center is small but adequate. But what really makes the hotel is the service. Everyone was welcoming and accommodating and went out of their way to help, from the front desk people to the elevator operators to the room service guy.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose a courtyard view -- not much of a view but delightfully quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends