“It's the small things...”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #9 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The Sherry Netherland is a New York City gem! The guest rooms are beautifully appointed, staff warm and friendly, and everyone makes you feel like you are home. As someone who travels somewhat frequently for business, I find that it is the small things that make a hotel stay memorable. My guest room had a complimentary Keurig, K-Cups, welcome amenity and a mini fridge stocked with complimentary cold beverages (wow!). Tammy, Concierge, and Theresa, Managing Director, were exceptionally hospitable and it is people like that who will keep me coming back to the Sherry Netherland!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 June 2013

As a group, we were booked at the Sherry-Netherland Hotel. It is a beautiful property with spacious rooms. Arriving to the hotel, the reception staff was kind, helpful and client oriented as were the elevator staff. I am not sure if receiving a personalized note from the COO is part of regular treatment, but it certainly sets this property apart from others.
Overall, a very positive experience and strong, positive recommendation for this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2013

There is no better place to spend a dream vacation in the world's most interesting city. We have just returned from taking our 2nd 11-year-old granddaughter for her first NYC visit. We were all spoiled by the caring staff at the Sherry-Netherland. The location, overlooking Central Park from its southeast corner, was ideal. Our 4-night stay ended much too quickly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was my third stay at the Sherry-Netherland over the past year and I have to admit I am not sure I can stay anywhere else now. This hotel meets and exceeds my expectations every time I visit. From the moment you arrive the staff is amazing until the moment you leave, one of the things that stands out the most is each time I return after my first stay the staff knows my name and remembers me. I know that doesn't sound like such an important thing but if you are visiting someplace repeatedly you at least want them to recognize you are a returning guest. The hotel itself is really charming, the rooms are large, clean, comfortable and with every amenity you could possibly imagine. The location is perfect just across the avenue from Central Park and close to restaurants, shopping and the subway. This hotel just keeps getting better each and every stay......is spectacular.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and just loved it! The service was outstanding, the room was spacious, with plenty of closet space. the bathroom was small but sufficient and the attention to detail was very good. the free sodas and water was an added and much appreciated bonus. The air system is rather noisy but necessary! we had a great view overlooking the Apple store and plaza down 5th avenue which added to the experience. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to have a room with a view. Costs more but adds to the experience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Both my husband and I regard our stay at The Sherry Netherlands as the best experience in any hotel that we have ever stayed in so far. From the moment we were warmly greeted by the wonderful, friendly doorman, we felt as though we were being welcomed home. All staff at the Sherry were so helpful and such a delight that it has left us with a longing to return. Our room was a court yard view room and it was so beautiful, it was a joy to return each evening to relax and totally unwind from the busy days of touring the city.Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff making our stay seemeffortless.
The location of the hotel could not be beaten, right on central park. And a trip to a Broardway show was just a quick taxi away which was obtained by the great door man.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I do not expect much from New York Hotels, chain or stand alone operations. But our 6 night stay at The Sherry Netherlands Hotel convinced us that indeed there is still that real hotelier service that exist in New York . From the doorman, concierge, front desk, lift operators and housekeeping......service was unobtrusive and impeccable. This is the first time I enjoyed a hotel in NYC. We had real value for money...unlimited still and fizz water and a selection of soda were part of the amenities. We also did not feel like we had to keep giving tips,...which all the more we felt happy giving a bit extra for the service staff. Harry Cipriani also had good food and good service. Kudos to the team who are friendly and professional!

Room Tip: It would have been awesome to have had a room facing Central Park. it the courtyard room we had was...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple