“Stunning hotel, stunning location”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #9 of 466 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning hotel, stunning location”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

By far the best place I have ever stayed in NY. The location on the corner of Central Park is superb and this little oasis of calm is a gem of a find. We stayed in a suite on the 19th floor and it was beautifully appointed with everything you could ask for. All staff were superbly efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: Suite 1909
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Bryan-P-C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2013

During a weekend in NYC, my girlfriend and I had the opportunity to stay at the Sherry. This was our first time at the Sherry, and it was great. The rooms are large, comfortable and immaculate. The staff was very helpful and courteous at all times. The location is the best, 59th and 5th Avenue. We had a great stay at the Sherry, could not ask for better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joe P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

A genteel and warm elegance that doesn't exist any more. The staff was welcoming and warm, yet professional in every way. New York was my home town and I've stayed at other 5 Star luxurious hotels when in town. The Sherry gives me the feeling of intimacy, luxury and comfort that others haven't been able to duplicate. The location is phenomenal. Central Park as your front yard. The busy and fabulous 5th Ave. and midtown to your left and the quiet and elegant shops and neighborhood of Madison Ave. a block away. Everything you would want to do is just moments away. This is our new home away from home.... and what an amazing home it is!

Room Tip: Is there a bad one?
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen R
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, Italy
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I were supposed to go to the Sherry Netherland for the New York marathon 25 years ago. He was injured and we couldn't make the trip. When my daughter graduated college I promised to take her to New York. I looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor for the Sherry and decided this is where we needed to be. From the moment we shuffled our airline bedraggled selves over the threshold, we felt like Cinderellas. Tammy at the front desk said they had a surprise because they knew this was a special trip. I imagined a fruit basket might be waiting but much to my surprise we were upgraded from our courtyard view room to a suite. It was wonderful!! We were exhausted and went down to the front desk to see if there was a dinner restaurant close by and Pete, the doorman, took us by the hand and led us through the maze of the hotel to a restaurant next door. It was so nice to sit and relax! There were a variety of Keurig coffee/tea items in the kitchenette. When I left a note mentioning I preferred one of the coffees, a number of them magically appeared after the room was cleaned that morning. I left a note thanking housekeeping and they left me even more coffee the next day. There was someone to turn down the beds at night and leave us chocolates if we so desired. It was so wonderful to come back to the suite each night after exhausting ourselves with sightseeing. Any time we needed directions, a cab or ideas there was someone there to help. It can sometimes be scary being two women alone in a strange town, but the staff at the Sherry made us always feel safe and welcome. Each night at the end of our daily excursions, we felt like we were coming "home". This is definitely a place I will visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wdesquer
long beach, ca
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

In the words of my 9 y/o OMG!!!! What an amazing place, the rooms are huge and so very comfortable. The complimentary daily restocking of water, sodas etc. is unheard of in NYC and was great to return to every evening. That being said it is the employees who make this place really shine. Thank you to everyone who made our stay so fabulous, I will not stay anyplace else.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nickydee_Long_Beach
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Enter the 5th Avenue doors of the Sherry Netherland and you are instantly transported to a beautifully maintained replica of another era. The lobby is relatively small, the elevators are operated by white gloved staff and you are in your room in a fraction of the time it takes in the larger, grander monumnents to excess that domiante mid town New York The Sherry, as it is called by long time New Yorkers also houses over 50 apartments. My room was tastefully decorated with two comfortable chairs, a desk, a hutch for the television and a walk in closet.
The Sherry also houses Cipriani, a wonderful restaurant. It also provides room service. This is simply a magnificent place to stay while in NYC.

Room Tip: The Courtyard rooms have no view. But, you really do not need one because who spends a lot of time l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dick T
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I will tell anyone who will listen how great this place is. Fantastic room size, amazing views, helpful and courteous staff. It is truly an oasis in the middle of the great madness which is New York City.

Room Tip: Room #405 used to be an apartment that they now use as a "room". It's still an apartm...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family