“Another wonderful stay!”

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
Ranked #7 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 December 2013

All at The Sherry-Netherland are most welcoming, kind and helpful. The property is elegant with old world charm and modern conveniences. The location is terrific too. Thank you to all at The Sherry for another wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TAA1000

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Thrilled with my stay here. The hotel oozes elegance from every pore, I am a bit of a history buff so I love an old hotel in immaculate condition, which is just what this place is. I will be back in NY on business again soon and will come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank judeedee1
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The S-N has some of the best service we have EVER experienced! The location is unmatched with Central Park right across the street. Our 9 year old just loved the men in each of the elevators...old world service in a new world setting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rip M
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I brought our son to New York to celebrate his 10th birthday. This hotel was recommended by our travel agent. The deal was solidified after I read the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. I don't think we could have chosen a better hotel for our stay. We were checked in by a darling concierge who then handed my son a little gift bag. Two other employees overheard that we were celebrating my son's 10th and they went out and brought back two cupcakes with a card and a candle. The staff was warm and outgoing, while always maintaining such professionalism. The front desk, the elevator attendants, the maids, the door men, room service......everyone delivered top-notch service. This is a very small boutique hotel/ co-op which I was a little unsure of at first. I'm used to big hotels...big names. The Sherry is perfect because the last thing you want to deal with when stepping off the cold, crowded streets of New York is more people. We were always able to step into the lobby and then quickly be ushered up to our room by the attendant waiting to escort us up the elevator. We never had to wait for an elevator. We never had people wandering around the lobby of our hotel. It was always quiet, warm, and inviting. That's something these bigger hotels cannot offer. There are always people rushing in and out. My favorite part of the day was cuddling up in our big soft bed with some hot chocolate or latte and watching a Christmas movie on our huge television. The biggest television of any hotel room I've ever stayed. We had a courtyard room (which is nothing more than looking down at an ugly roof), but it was so quiet. This building is just so quiet......loved it! I thought the decoration and furnishings were lovely. Very fitting to this elegant building. My only recommendation to management is that they remove and replace the grout and caulking in the shower of room 715. It was quite bad. And quite possibly it was just my room. Everything else was just so stunning. I think the elevators were the most exquisite. I hope they never do away with the attendants. Elevators that stunning should always have sweet men with white gloves escorting guests up. There is nothing classier! On a side note......they are renovating the ceiling in the lobbly right now to restore the original art work. But of course, they have put up drapery and have done a beautiful job with Christmas decorations, not to detract from the feeling of luxury. I only wish I could have seen the finished product. Well.......maybe when my youngest turns 10!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kris200
Reviewed 9 December 2013

When you step into the Sherry-Netherland, history follows you. This is like no other hotel I have ever stayed at either in New York or in Europe and you get this impression the moment the doorman greets you. The lobby probably looks the same as it did all those years ago when 1940's movie stars would call this elegant 5th Ave palace home. Where else do you get whisked up to your suite by white glove attendants who seem to know your floor before you say it. The rooms are large, the largest I have ever stayed in while in NYC with high ceilings, clean marble washrooms, hardwood floors, big windows some with that magical Central Park view. The location is probably the most sought after address in New York City as most of this extraordinary 1920' s landmark building is condos and apartments some on the market for $100,000,000. And here lies this legendary hotel's only drawback. Unlike other condo/hotels that have separate entrances you have to share the lobby and elevators with the residents. Some don't take kindly to having to share their private enclave however once you get past this you can relax and enjoy a hotel experience like no other. After a few
stays at the Sherry-Netherland you can start to call it home too.
Bruce B. Toronto

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great location to Central Park, shopping and more. Excellent employees, with good service and always there to help with your plans. Our room was a little dated but spacious. The Resturant Cipriani was most accommodating to the guests at the Sherry Netherland. We would return again and the price is good for location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Denny P
Reviewed 2 December 2013

5 star reviews were perfectly correct. Just walking through the doors you feel the warmth and elegance of this building. The staff is attentive to your every need from the doorman to the concierge. The rooms are classic elegance in the most perfect location in this city, walkable anywhere you would want to venture and close to subway entrances. When you come in from the bustling outdoors, you always feel an "ahhhhh" experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple