“Simply Excellent!!”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #164 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter just landed her first job in New York and we were in Soho looking for a nearby apartment. The staff was friendly enough to inquire about our reason for our stay, and cheered us on as we went through the difficult process of finding a place in lower Manhattan. They celebrated with us when we secured a place, and were full of helpful local advice. We want to pass along our gratitude to Martin at the door (he represented the attitude of the Soho Grand perfectly, from the moment we pulled up!) And Daniel at the front desk made every effort to make our stay fun, stress-free and warm. He was fast and professional with our reservation and requests - while taking the time to make us feel so welcome! Emma is another gem. Like Daniel, she made us feel like we were valued friends. They even provided some congratulatory surprises in our room when we landed the right housing deal. I will be coming to visit my daughter in Greenwich Village for years to come, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. I travel for a living - all over the world - and few hotels can match this quality of service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,095)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great hotel, perfect location if your in to the district of Soho and Nolita areas- millions of small shops, restaurants and bars around- just fab!
Super nice doorman- and very professional receptions staff- changed our room efficiently when we liked a higher floor. Rooms are on the small side- but this is NYC.. like the decor throughout the hotel- dimly lit and miles away from that cold contemporary thing some hotels got going now. Bar and lounge service is so so- seams understaffed and the girls working probably make enough tip without making much of a effort- if this would be adjusted- pretty perfect place. Did not use gym at all- so no comments.
Overall- love it - will definitely go back next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

amazing location, right next to dunkin donuts and subway, amazing service and LOVELY staff! food was AMAZING! we were given free continental breakfast as an upgrade (and a room upgrade) as it was my birthday! i would LOVE to go back here! enjoy your trip! sleeping is great, the noise of traffic is blocked out amazingly. views from room were phenomenal! i travelled in JUNE 2012. wont let me select june 2012 only 2013.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After checking out of a lesser hotel early I was fortunate to be booked into this dream of a hotel - Chic decour, great night's sleep and the wallpaper in the bathroom will be sourced and applied at home! What can I say - if my travel policy allows I will definately stay there every time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Wonderful weekend stay at the Soho Grand, Perfect location, nice large corner room, luxurious linens, large bath, attentive pleasant staff, clean and safe hotel. Yummy champagne on arrival.Highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Champagne on check in, terrific staff, clean and cool rooms. Classic hotel vibe for Soho, highly recommended! Bellmen staff were great a assisting our logistics. Wedding was happening on our stay which was quite fun. Concierge has hip to brooklyn music scene and recommended a show for us that turned out to be amazing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Me and my fiancé came to celebrate our engagement and I got us the seduction in soho package....... We were treated so lovely and were spoiled rotten...... The fact that we could order all night from the actual hotel, had access to robes, had breakfast and cocktails included and amazing location....... The room was amazing the bed!!!! Exquisite!!! The French toast from breakfast me and my fiancé both agreed just amazing!!! Don't think I could ever stay at another hotel ever!!! Oh did I mention complimentary bottle of champagne!

• Stayed: February 2014