“Great anniversary celebration”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #174 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a really nice time at Soho Grand for our anniversary. A one night stay, we got a corner deluxe king room, beautiful view of the Freedom Tower. I will advise if you pay for the DELUXE corner king, make sure they don't try to put you in a normal corner king. This happened to a friend of mine and there is a section of the hotel that has like a cut out in front. You do get two windows in this type of room, but you face inward so that people in other rooms can see you, so you have to close your drapes for privacy. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting a corner room!
We found our 280 foot room very spacious and we even had a gravel area off our room we went through the window and walked out on - really nice. the lobby is great for drinks too!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my go to New York City hotel and I have always loved the location, ambience, style and service. My last visit I felt standards were slipping in a number of areas, which I outlined on a previous review. I can happily say that not only did management address my concerns directly, they went out of their way to ensure that they didn't lose me as a customer and there were significant improvements on many fronts. I loved my recent stay and will happily return I future visits. Thank you again for listening to my issues and taking direct action.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I shared a King Bed for three here late May '14. The street-level entry takes you below the lobby so we were confused on arrival to find the check-in desk. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable but we found the room, above a busy Canal Street intersection, a bit noisy, even from the 15'th floor. Our view was of Tribeca with One World Trade in the distance. We would have liked more power outlets for charging our camera/laptop/iphone in the room. Everything was clean and nice but the furnishings are a bit dated. Location is great on West Broadway but the noise factor comes with that. Fresh apples in the lobby were a nice touch for snacking and complimentary coffee and tea making on our floor was nice, but I would have preferred fresh milk. I'm not sure that I would stay here again, mainly because of the traffic noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excelente location, aceptable room space for NYC parameters. Very nice and cozy hotel, very good service and attention of all the staff. Nice decoration, near very good shops, cofeee stores and restaurants

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Soho Grand is a nice hotel in Soho but a bit outdated. The reception area is dark and not very accessible. The staff is good.

The rooms are not so special. For the same price or even less you can find a better stay in NYC.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 8 nights at the grand it has a hip feel about it .location is great for all the best soho has to offer food and fashion . While the rooms are not huge there adequate .it has an excellent bar and sitting area .staff are well drilled without attitude .it is a pet friendly hotel .

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having read mixed reviews with the property I was a little apprehensive. But was pleasantly surprised about the caliber or the service and the aesthetics of the room and property. Really well done touches throughout.

It is a little on the pricey side and the amenities on the property don't necessarily reflect a premium price. Used the hotel gym and it was less than impressive. However did not use the bar or restaurant at all.

Didn't have a problem with noise because I was on a higher floor, but I could see the lower floors could be a real issue. Really busy surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business