“Perfect base for three days in the big apple”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #170 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We chose the Soho Grand to celebrate our 20th anniversary in NYC. We made the choice based upon input from friends who "know" NY! What a home run! Centered in Soho District with great shopping and access on foot to super restaurants, we found it a great "home base" for our visit.

Our room looked out at the new World Trade center, which was inspiring both during the day and night times. Every aspect of the room was first cabin.

Breakfast in hotel exceeded expectations as did an early dinner before going to a show. The subway entrance is 1 1/2 city blocks and for 2.50 you ride anywhere! VERY EASY and SAFE.

Two thumbs up for this great hotel.

Concierge was over the top in being helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I truly had such an amazing stay, I had to write ( for the first time in all my travels!) a note to the staff:
To SOHO GRAND:
Thank you so much for the wonderful service you provided for me & my daughter, during our recent stay. Our room (s) were perfect in every way, which set the tone for her 21st birthday celebration. Ordinarily when traveling, we spend the majority of our time outside of the hotel, however, we felt so comfortable and pampered, that we thoroughly enjoyed whatever down time we had in our room as well. You, along with the rest of the staff at the Soho Grand, were exceptional in every way and regardless of how many fabulous hotels I've stayed in during my travels, the Soho Grand will now be added to one of my top favorites! I will certainly return to NYC, and will be sure to stay at your hotel. I even had to join your Rewards program!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Coozy and very comfortable. Staff is very accommodating and removes any inconveience. The lobby is thumping place on weekends but one only is aware of the event if one chooses to participate. Centrally located and very easy to get around...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a really nice time at Soho Grand for our anniversary. A one night stay, we got a corner deluxe king room, beautiful view of the Freedom Tower. I will advise if you pay for the DELUXE corner king, make sure they don't try to put you in a normal corner king. This happened to a friend of mine and there is a section of the hotel that has like a cut out in front. You do get two windows in this type of room, but you face inward so that people in other rooms can see you, so you have to close your drapes for privacy. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting a corner room!
We found our 280 foot room very spacious and we even had a gravel area off our room we went through the window and walked out on - really nice. the lobby is great for drinks too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my go to New York City hotel and I have always loved the location, ambience, style and service. My last visit I felt standards were slipping in a number of areas, which I outlined on a previous review. I can happily say that not only did management address my concerns directly, they went out of their way to ensure that they didn't lose me as a customer and there were significant improvements on many fronts. I loved my recent stay and will happily return I future visits. Thank you again for listening to my issues and taking direct action.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I shared a King Bed for three here late May '14. The street-level entry takes you below the lobby so we were confused on arrival to find the check-in desk. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable but we found the room, above a busy Canal Street intersection, a bit noisy, even from the 15'th floor. Our view was of Tribeca with One World Trade in the distance. We would have liked more power outlets for charging our camera/laptop/iphone in the room. Everything was clean and nice but the furnishings are a bit dated. Location is great on West Broadway but the noise factor comes with that. Fresh apples in the lobby were a nice touch for snacking and complimentary coffee and tea making on our floor was nice, but I would have preferred fresh milk. I'm not sure that I would stay here again, mainly because of the traffic noise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excelente location, aceptable room space for NYC parameters. Very nice and cozy hotel, very good service and attention of all the staff. Nice decoration, near very good shops, cofeee stores and restaurants

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple