“Anniversary trip”

Ranked #167 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Alabama
“Anniversary trip”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thank you to everyone at this hotel who helped make our 35th anniversary special. Daniel at the front desk, greeted us and made us feel so special and it just got better from there. Thanks for the champagne. John, concierge superior! John, all your recs were right on the spot and so helpful to us. Thank you!
Stephanie M, your presence and grace at the Grand Bar were grand. You helped make us feel as if we were the only guests. Anthony, bellman extraordinaire as well as Martin.
The hotel was nice but that is not what made our trip special. All the staff from housekeeping to door front made us smile. I wanted the trip to be so special for my husband and it was. Loved the area. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hip young hotel in good suburb of NYC .. Small rooms as old cool hotel ..walk to food ,subway easy and on Sunday comes alive with art market...stayed for 4 nites A great us style hotel eg not the big chains ...a bit of a dark place need to increase lights a little......air cond a bit of a noise but enjoy soho

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I love this hotel - it has a traditional & non-clinical style that is classy and consistent over the years. The care to customers is maintained throughout your stay and any issues are handled to completion & satisfactory. I would stay at the Soho Grand on every trip to NYC if I could (mostly is my choice even for work trips so no doubt I'll see you there ;o).
The location is perfect if you like being with the relaxed chic scene of Soho but only minutes away from the Village.
The food is tasty and the bar/restaurant is slightly tight fitting but that's because everyone piles in - it's a great atmosphere and you can just have cup of tea if you feel like it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I don't like American Hotels or Airlines. Best to get it out of the way. I find all that "have a nice day" forced friendliness, irritating and unnecessary. For my purposes the Soho Grand was the wrong end of the island - but was game to try something different. 'Different' is the appropriate word here - it had charm, stylish, non brash. Attentive without being over bearing. The service was subtle but effective. I stayed in one of the smaller suites - this was useful for my purposes as I needed to conduct meetings in private. I explained my requirements to the front desk on check-in - gave them a list of my meetings and requirements for food/drinks orders for room service for the entire week. They did not miss a thing and went way beyond what I would have expected...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank zach f
Lewes
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel - it has a cool and chilled out vibe, at the same time as providing excellent service. I use it when I am working in the financial district - it's a lovely walk at the beginning/end of a busy day. The 'standard' rooms are great - I happily live in them for 4 nights at a time. The staff are always so friendly and welcome me back every visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The location is great and the style is unquestionable but the service is dreadful. From check in, to breakfast to evening cocktails it really was all about looking good and nothing else. I have never had such poor service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travels69
London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at the Soho Grand Hotel numerous times for business...so suffice to say there is something about it worth coming back for.

Still I think this hotel lacks a few things for the price. The location is great, but the rooms are small and could do with a little lift. It needs to be bought into the new age. Also other than your tiny hotel room, there's not much added value here.

Do stay here, but i think there are probably better boutique hotels around now.

Customer service is ok. Nothing exceptional

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business