Soho Grand Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$239
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
US$527
US$401
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$240
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$261
US$516
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$219
US$187
  • Fitness centre
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$112
  • Breakfast included
3,138 results
All reviewsgrand bargreat locationwest broadwaynew yorkcanal streetclub roomroom servicelounge arearooms are smallgreenwich villagecorner roomlower manhattanmini barcoffee machinethe empire state buildingnycconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a NYC overnight deal and got one on booking.com for this hotel. Check in was positive in that we got in early and upgraded but there was a little misunderstanding when the rather "curt" attendant told us we were booked for the next day . I almost passed out - but he was incorrect and finally cracked a smile and became helpful when he saw tears forming . Hence the upgrade from a superior queen to a high floor king. The room was small , very clean with plenty of room for clothes and luggage . Worn furniture fits the mix of modern and antique theme . The room did however smell strongly of nicotine . This happens in many venues that convert smoking to non without Changing ac / heat units or when people smoke in the bathrooms . I also noted faint mildew / sour smell in the closet . The lobby / lounge is the grandest part of the hotel with beautiful teal furniture , with brown accents and a huge funky bird cage . They serve tons of whiskeys , scotch and bourbons - was a tad disappointed by the drink menu , not as special as other lobby bars , but obviously it caters to a certain crowd . If you are obsessed with old fashions and manhattans this is the place for you . We saw many dogs on our stay also great if you want to travel with your pet . Perhaps what makes this hotel lovely is where it's located . We shopped til we dropped from diesel to Alex and ani to Louie V , soho had it all. Don't miss Dos Cominos for lunch and Costata for dinner both absolutely fantastic . Ladies if you need a blow out , Haute Air is right around the block and for 40 bucks they did a fine job, you can even add makeup for 20 extra ( thanks to the concierge for the referral.) the doormen and staff are all lovely here I'd stay again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a great choice, if you want a hotel away from Mid Town and in a trendy, vibey area of New York.
I was travelling as a female on my own, so I wanted somewhere that wasn't too impersonal and where I could walk around at night, feeling safe.
I wasn't disappointed with my choice. The service is excellent, from the moment you arrive in your taxi until you leave. Always super efficient and always genuinely friendly.
I ate at the bar one evening. Very good food and excellent cocktails. It was definitely a happening place.
The rooms are not huge, but that's New York, it may have been a squash for two, but there are larger rooms, so definitely worth upgrading to these if you like more space. However the bed was large and super comfortable.
The bathroom was very quirky in its design, loved the wallpaper. Good shower and plenty of decent towels.
I was on the 15th floor and had a wonderful view out to the Hudson. It was quite noisy, which didn't bother me, but I can see why others may find this off putting.
My only gripe would be the very old fashioned air conditioning unit. It was so noisy that I had to turn it off at night, which meant the room got hot. It also is very large and takes up too much space in a room which was already tight for space.
But I will definitely stay here the next time I am in New York

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Love, love, love this hotel! I used to stay here quite a lot on business and always had great stays. The location is excellent and the customer service amazing. Haven't been for a while and this trip was for pleasure. As soon as I got to the hotel I was reminded why this hotel is so great. Super friendly and efficient service makes check in a breeze. The location is perfect for a weekend hang out. The bar is a great place to hang out with friends. Really couldn't want anything more from a hotel in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Soho Grand exceeded all our expectations. We had stayed at the ultra hip Standard before checking in here, so came for the neighbourhood and not such a full on hotel.
As soon as we where dropped off in the taxi I had a feeling I had underestimated how cool this hotel was. The entrance was grand and I loved the double doors with the cool doormen who opened the doors with a genuine smile.
The lobby and it's design was just so tastefully done. They have gone for the semi vintage look and have absolutely nailed it.
We had a corner suite which was really well designed and spacious. The vintage theme was just so nice in our room.
The club lounge served great drinks and had a really good vibe.
My only worry was that we would spend too much time in the hotel and not explore the neighbourhood enough.

In fact we had our last night booked in am airbnb apartment near by to get the authentic NYC feel. After 10 minutes in the apartment we called the Soho Grand to see if we could check back in as we wanted to finish our holiday on a high not the low of the apartment.
If you are staying in the Soho area you just can't go past this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Thank you to everyone at this hotel who helped make our 35th anniversary special. Daniel at the front desk, greeted us and made us feel so special and it just got better from there. Thanks for the champagne. John, concierge superior! John, all your recs were right on the spot and so helpful to us. Thank you!
Stephanie M, your presence and grace at the Grand Bar were grand. You helped make us feel as if we were the only guests. Anthony, bellman extraordinaire as well as Martin.
The hotel was nice but that is not what made our trip special. All the staff from housekeeping to door front made us smile. I wanted the trip to be so special for my husband and it was. Loved the area. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple