“Great Stay”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #171 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was very enjoyable. The room was nice and clean. We had a great view of the city. Lots of cable stations to watch and we even had a gold fish in our room. I ordered room service several of the days I stayed here and the staff was always great and friendly. I can not have gluten and the staff was able to accommodate my needs every time I ordered room service. And their hotel restaurants have a lot of gluten free options compared to some of the other restaurants in the Soho/Tribeca area. The beds are very comfy and the room is spacious. The only con with this hotel is that it is kind of old and so there is no real sound proofing. The city noise pervades the room at all times of day, any talking in the hallways, and the cleaning staff slams every single door they open (during the day). When the doors slam they make the wall shake as well as the headboard of the bed which can get to be annoying after a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and the staff. They were all great. If you take out the noise factor this would have been 5 stars. oh, and the hotel is right off Broadway and Canal which is right where you need to be to walk to the stores to shop, or eat in the Tribeca/ Greenwhich areas, or take the subway to Broadway or the Met.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,048)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel has to be one of my favourites. Perfectly located in Soho, there are loads of greats shops, restaurants and coffee shops surrounding the hotel. This hotel oozes personality and the building is beautifully unique. The bar can get quite lively some evenings so be warned if you are expecting a quite evening, although the rooms are quiet. The food served at the bar is pretty good with a wide selection on offer and the quality and service is good.

The rooms are a good size which are well equipped with a nespresso, evian water, work desk a good sized bathroom with plenty of room in the bedroom for a New York hotel. The service from the front desk to the bar is great and everyone is helpful. Wifi in the rooms is pretty good and I was able to work well from the desk using my laptop with the connection.

The hotel is dog friendly and has a small dog park next to the hotel which is frequented by local residents.

Tip: If you get lonely, you can request a gold fish to be sent to your room which the maids will maintain free of charge. A typical quirk offered by this hotel.

Looking forward to revisiting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank craigstrong
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is my second trip to this hotel and I recommend it highly. The staff are fantastic. Everyone from the bell man to the concierge wants to make you comfortable. The restaurant is excellent and the bar/lounge fun.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank patsydog
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We got an amazing deal on Lastminute.com which meant this normally unaffordable giant of a hotel unexpectedly slipped into our price range and the service we got was second to none.
The view from our room was of the new World Trade Centre, the bed was enormous and of a perfect firmness. The Soho Grand proved an excellent starting point for our four day stay in the Big Apple where our intention was to spend most of our trip in Greenwich Village exploring the lower east and west sides. We ate, shopped and site saw to our hearts content with the Grand as our luxurious base - I only hope that when we go back to NY we can afford to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We live in NJ and wanted an easy night away. Soho Grand was easy access from Holland Tunnel…great room #1004 (view of statue of liberty)…wonderful bartender in the lounge for drinks…great area for strolling. The staff was super nice. It is an elegant and cool spot to stay without the pretentious feeling some other places have.
When we got there we also heard they are pet-friendly! I didn't see any dogs but heard there is a floor dedicated to those that may want to bring their pooch. The owner started or owns Hartz.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A cool and elegant hotel... Fantastic location, terrific layout, great service, excellent bar and great breakfast... and oh yeah, rooms are great. Had a wonderful time, both business and pleasure. Will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel many times over the past 10 years and I still think it's a great hotel that represents New York and soho. It's a long standing cool spot that is simple and efficient.

I had some service issues but nothing over the top. I still give this hotel 5/5 for its charm and long standing & consistent ability to somehow embody the New York vibe.

The location is unbeatable.

Stayed: August 2014