“No rooftop bar”
Review of Soho Grand Hotel

Soho Grand Hotel
Ranked #166 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've stayed here before (about 10 years ago) and was looking forward to returning.

If you look at their website, it appears they have a rooftop bar. They do, but ONLY for guests staying in the penthouse suites. If this is important to you, there are plenty of hotels in the the city and SoHo that have this feature. Stay there instead.

Also, if you are looking for a hotel lounge to meet friends and chat, this hotel doesn't really have one. It does have a great lounge, but it's treated like a restaurant. After passing through the matre d' (just awkward for a hotel lounge) you must consume something. Even if you are a hotel guest. We ended up enjoying coffee at Ladurre (just up the street) and drinks at the Broome Street Bar instead. In fact, this customer experience forced us to enjoy our "lounge experience" outside and away from the hotel. Neither the bar or lounge were welcoming for hotel guests.

My experience reminded me of a high end hotel chain experience, and not the laid back boutique hotel experience I was expecting. For the prices we paid, we could have stayed at almost any high end hotel in SoHo, midtown, and Upper East Side.

I've rated it average, because the price is way too high for the customer experience they deliver. It's just average and not really special. Location is great. Rooms are quiet, clean, safe, not worn. Staff is friendly, but nothing extraordinary --- for the price. The hotel no longer feels like the exclusive boutique hotel it once did. It feels more now like a high end business/tourist hotel. There is no longer the personal feel you would expect with a boutique hotel. There are plenty of other hotels now in the area that would meet my expectations at the same or lower price.

4  Thank Viciinvienna
Write a ReviewReviews (3,067)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We've stayed at the Soho Grand for years.
Excellent location, friendly service begins with the Gentlemen who welcomes you and offers baggage assistance , continues with reception, Lobby Lounge and through departure.
The rooms are clean and well maintained.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had to go to New York on business in both NYC and Jersey City so TriBeCa was a good location.

The hotel is quiet, service and staff fine, everything you would expect at this level, would definitely
Recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stay hear for one night book our trip with hotel.com great rate . One thing that I didn't know was the hotel was pet friendly . Im glad it was not a big deal to us but I looked at web site never notice it. Parking is extra but the door man was so nice we got their after 7 and their was a open spot on street and recommend us to park their instead of paying 44 bucks across the street. They have a nice bar and bartender was a really nice good drinks. tis a little pricey but its NYC. The room was nice and clean love it. We would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I booked this hotel due to this availability for my business trip and was very pleased by its location and excellent staff. It was a pleasant experience from check in to check out. The front desk even upgraded my stay to a 1 bedroom suite with awesome views of Manhattan. I highly recommend this hotel and even the room service menu is excellent. I love the overall ambience and experience. Would definitely comeback again. They made me feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Celebrated our 4oth wedding anniversary at this GRAND Hotel in NYC. We chose the SOHO based on the recommendation of a friend. The stay at this hotel exceeded all our expectations. I cant recall experiencing a more pleasant, courteous, helpful staff than these folks were during our stay. Emma, at the front desk, was a breath of fresh air. She helped us with tickets to the World Trade Center memorial, booked us tickets for a Broadway show, and made several excellent recommendations for dinner. Everyone, from the Bell Hops, house keeping, to security seemed to go out of their way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. The location is perfect for visiting the World Trade Center museum. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the area. We drove into the city from Maryland so I was a little concerned about parking. Their parking garage was directly across the street. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone.

1  Thank bbc37
Reviewed 18 August 2014

With my birthday approaching and my guy scheduled to play with rockabilly legend,
Robert Gordon at The Bowery Electric, we decided to make a celebration of it in NYC!
So, we packed our bags and headed out to the city that never sleeps.

First stop, was checking in at the Soho Grand. I hadn’t been there in many years and forgot just how beautiful it was. Turns out we were upgraded from a Queen Superior to a King Superior with a view! The room was immaculate and the bed was so comfortable.

The staff was great with suggesting restaurants and securing reservations. The doormen and valet were especially helpful.

There was a cool late-night scene in the lounge. We popped our head in for some French Fries and Ginger Beer. Which we found that every where we went, the restaurants made their own ginger beer. If you haven't had it, you MUST try it.

We would definitely return to the Soho Grand. Read all about my 24 hour visit to NYC here: