“Nice big room convenient located”
Review of Stewart Hotel

Stewart Hotel
Ranked #204 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Nice big room convenient located”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The service of the hotel was very good. For example when we called the front desk for a power converter they came up to the room the second after. We had a studio suite which was a good size, with a big bed, big tv and a convenient fridge, although we did not use the rest of the kitchenet.
The location is good, near Penn station. Simple and safe area for first time New York visitors!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank Mr. J�Rgen F
Joseph K, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Mr. J�Rgen F,

I appreciate you sharing feedback about your stay with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first experience in New York City. We often have a number of first time visitors and feel our location is ideal since we are so close to Penn Station and the Empire State Building. I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to NYC.

Joseph Kelly, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Looked for ages for a decent hotel with a good deal of space. Finally opted for the Affinia with a Suite. Room was excellent with our own kitchen area and separate lounge. We didn't have a view but the we basically only slept in the room. Our views were spent outside all day, after all it's New York. I got up at 0600am to go for a run as I thought it would be quiet.......Forget that, it's true NY does not sleep..I eventually ran around Central Park with the other 5000 runners...Does anyone sleep here..? Anyway back to the hotel, recently revamped it's nicely decorated and has a good restaurant and pub attached. You are not pestered with bell boys or other folk wanting tips for holding doors open etc. The only person I tipped was the housemaid to ensure the tea and coffee was topped up regularly. It's very central with Penn station across the road and easy walking distance to lots of attractions. It also has three subway stations close by that will take you literally anywhere in NY. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to do the tourist things in NY

Room Tip: The higher the better as the traffic can be a little noisy as almost everyone loves their horn
Dear CWM65,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased you found our suites to be spacious and that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. You are correct. We are a great hotel for those looking to visit many of New York's top attractions such as Times Square and Herald Square. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Manhattan.

Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Me and my partner chose the Affinia due to its location and that it was cheaper than alternative hotels that offered the same standards of service. The hotel staff were efficient (especially the concierge staff) and helped whereever they could. (The mexican they recommended was amazing) The room was slightly on the small side but as it was just to sleep in we didn't mind too much, as everything was clean and all the essentials were there. The hotel has a lot of street noise but this is solved with the earplugs that are provided. (Hey, it is New York!!) We would definitely return in the future.

Dear Amy T,

Thank you for the kind words. I will share your feedback with our concierge and other team members. I am also glad the earplugs came in handy. You are correct, this is New York and it can be very loud. I hope you will join us for our new complimentary wine hour on your next visit.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here. One night before a cruise, and a night after the cruise. Jenny at the front desk was amazing, remembered us when we got back from the cruise, and gave us a great room. The lobby looks amazing, the rooms are newly renovated, and the service really is top notch. The hotel is kitty corner to Madison Square Garden, and very close to Penn Station, and within walking distance of a ton of shopping and dining choices. We had to store our bags for a few hours after checking out and it was not a hassle at all. We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. Oh, and the complimentary wine bar form 5-6pm is a bonus.....

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors will have less street noise. It is NYC after all, the city that never sleeps...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Clay W,

Thank you for the great review. I am so pleased that Jenny and the rest of our team was able to make it a memorable stay for you. I will be sure to pass along the compliment. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our new evening wine hour. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, conveniently located across 7th Ave from Penn Station. We had booked a deluxe king room, on arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a suite! We went up to the room - it looked really smart, yet the reality was that it seemed to be style over substance. The beds creaked and were not particularly comfortable, the air conditioning was poor, the unit was in the window at the height of the bed so blew air directly onto the bed and rattled and banged whilst doing so. The windows did not appear to be double glazed and despite being on the 21st floor the noise from the road was intolerable - although the hotel did provide ear plugs! The kitchen was a nice addition- large and spacious, this was in direct contrast to the bathroom which was possibly the smallest, most cramped hotel bathroom that I have ever seen. It seemed very odd that the suite was vast yet the bathroom appeared to be an add on. Staff on Reception were helpful and I would recommend this hotel if only for its excellent location.

Dear Linus P,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I was disappointed to read that the room provided did not meet your needs. We do our best to keep our rooms updated and in proper shape. I am glad that you appreciated our location and staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team and hope you'll give us a second chance.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Myself and my wife are from Sydney Aust and in our early 50s and did a 3 week trip the States. We spent 5 days in LA and went to Disneyland and Universal studios. we went to NY for 1 night at another hotel and then did a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas and then spent 4 nights at the Affinia which was a great way to finish out trip.
We were on the 28th floor which was really nice and in a very nice room. We had spent 1 night at another hotel about a 2 minute walk away before our cruise which was ok so we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Affinia at how nice it was, the staff were very nice and then we get told we were on the 28th floor so we knew it would be quiet from the noise of NY. We were a short walk to the Empire State Building and close to shops and time square and Penn station was across the road and to get around NY the subway is by the far the best way to go. It leaves the Sydney rail system in its wake
We caught the train to Washington for the day and it was very pleasant.
If I go to NY again, which I think I will as 4 days is not enough I would without any hesitation stay at the Affinia again.
Only complaint I have is they never supplied coffee each day but there was a Starbucks across the road.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tahboy
Dear Tahboy,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am glad you chose to make Affinia Manhattan a part of your big U.S. trip. The hotel's location near Penn Station certainly makes it easy to get around and it seems like you enjoyed our proximity to the Empire State Building as well as Times Square. On your next trip, please join us for a new complimentary wine hour each evening.

Chicago
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Really liked this hotel. The location was perfect, right across the street from Penn station. The room was comfy and spacious for our needs, and very clean. The bathroom was small, not enough counter space, but this was minor, and the elevators were slow but its an older hotel. I would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear stcroix2013,

Thank you for the kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and would visit us again. On your next trip, be sure to join us for our new evening wine hour.