Stewart Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
Orbitz.com
US$444
US$415
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
5,770 results
All reviewsaffinia manhattanpenn stationmadison square gardenniles restaurantnew yorkone bedroom suitetimes squarewine hourstreet noisean upgradecity that never sleepssofa bedempire state buildinglight sleepercentral locationupon checkfantastic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel itself is nice. Lobby is large and interesting. Really nice complimentary wine hour each afternoon. Staff is nice. The only issue, and it's a big one, is that the noise from the street in incredibly loud. I expect some noise in a Manhattan hotel, but this was dramatic. Sirens, horns, drums, you name it. I'm not sure what they could do, but it would cause me to think twice before coming back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear glencoetraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We're pleased you liked the hotel, and found the staff pleasant.

We have many rooms on the higher floors that are free of street noise, and I am positive that we could accommodate you the next time you are in the city.

We hope to see you when you return to NYC.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Have stayed in several Manhattan hotels but chose the Affinia this trip (4 nights) because of its proximity to subway lines and NJ Transit to Newark airport. We were able to check in by noon because a room was available - a definite plus. We attended the wine hour two nights and this was a nice perk. Staff is friendly. Our room was small, even by NYC standards. There was only one tiny chest of drawers so we were forced to live out of our suitcases which made the room feel even smaller. The bathroom and beds/linens were clean and comfortable. The carpet was worn to the point that I wondered about its cleanliness. The worst part was the lack of central A/C. Even when the thermostat for the heater was set at the coolest temperature, hot air still came out of the radiator on the wall. To compensate, there was a window unit air conditioner which was loud and dirty. My bed was right by the A/C and I could see dust bunnies in the crevices and the "check filters" light was on. I reported this to the front desk and they said they would send someone up but I saw no changes in the A/C unit during the remainder of my stay. When the A/C came on, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. The dirty air situation overshadowed any benefits of the hotel. It was not worth the price, even with the Expedia rate. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MAD1212

Dear MAD1212,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased you found the location so convenient and central to your areas of interest.

I am disappointed to hear you had concerns with your air conditioning unit and subsequent odor of you room. I have sent you a message through Trip Advisor in order to discuss further.

Thank you for choosing the Affinia Manhattan.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just returned from a trip to New York with my wife and 16 year old son, during which we had 6 nights at the Affinia Manhatten.

The location of this hotel makes it an excellent base for seeing the city, as it is on 7th Avenue and East 31st Street, on the opposite corner to Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. NJ transit and Amtrak trains run from Penn Station (we went to a NFL game at the MetLife Stadium from here on NJ Transit) while the Penn Station subway station (lines 1,2,and 3) is just a block away. Macy's is three blocks up, Times Square is maybe 10 minutes walk up 7th Avenue, and the Empire State Building is about the same on 5th and 34th.

The hotel itself was obviously not just a tourist haunt, with a number of business people staying as well as an event hosted by NEC while we were there, as well as various flight crews over nighting. This meant that the level of service was a bit better than some of the hotels round Times Square previously used. The concierge was very helpful, as was the doorman.

The room (4th floor) was spacious with a proper, and very comfortable, king size and a sofa bed queen, plus a desk area. The bathroom was very small though which didn't sit with the rest of the room. Wifi was payable in the room but free in the hotel lobby area. Our floor also hosted the fitness suite, which we didn't use.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, Niles, at which guests get a 20% discount on food at dinner. We used this one evening and the service and food was excellent. Opposite the hotel are a very nice "Hockey bar" The Flying Puck, which did a good dinner and a decent array of beers while watching the sport on TV, and a breakfast place where the bagels in the morning were superb. There is also a restaurant next to the Puck which looked very nice, but we didn't try this.

All in all I would recommend the Affinia Manhatten for a trip to New York City as a decently priced mid range hotel. It isn't the Ritz, nor is it shabby in any way..

Room Tip: Its New York, you are on 7th Avenue, it is noisy. I would guess higher is better, but we survived Ok on the 4th floor once we got used to it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike W
Joseph K, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased you found the location and level of service to be superior.

I will share you comments about Niles. It is a great restaurant located just below out lobby. I am also pleased you took advantage of the sports bars in the area. With Madison Square Garden now open, these local pubs are livelier than ever; a great place to pre-game or just enjoy a drink.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived at 7:30pm and were told our room wasn't ready despite check-in at 3PM. Had dinner reservation at 8:30pm and still needed to get ready. Front desk not apologetic or efficient in finding us an available room. When we finally got into room found bathroom to be sub-par, with stains in shower and dingy shower curtain. Staff brought us a bottle of white wine given we had posted trip on facebook. Arrived warm- no ice, no bottle opener. When staff member asked for these things appeared annoyed that they were requested. Overall room was average and service was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Dr. Amanda G

Dear Dr. Amanda G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. The complimentary bottle of wine is our way of saying thank you. That it arrived warm with no ice is clearly our fault. I have sent you a message through Trip Advisor in the hope of discussing this further.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

...still pretty dumpy.

I'm here on business so my company is paying the bill. Thank goodness - not worth the money.

Pros: Modern decor, free wine in the lobby, great location.

Cons: Very noisy, uncomfortable bed, only mushy pillows (even after requesting other options), BROWN RUSTY HOT WATER.

Literally can't take a shower and all front desk did was apologize with no resolution.

I'm in NYC on business monthly and I won't come back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LauraQ427

Dear LauraQ427,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. It appears you had some concerns with the bedding and the water. I have sent you a message through Trip Advisor in the hope of providing you some resolution.

We hope you will give us another chance when you return to the city.