Stewart Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
5,872 results
All reviewsaffinia manhattanpenn stationmadison square gardenniles restaurantnew yorkone bedroom suitetimes squarewine hourstreet noisean upgradecity that never sleepssofa bedempire state buildinglight sleepercentral locationupon checkfantastic location
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I must say our stay at this hotel was great. The location is perfect. I am disabled with mobility issues and so my wife and I travel exclusively by rail. The Affinia is right across Seventh Ave. from Penn station, so we could walk from the train to our lodging. During our stay, the hotel housekeeping staff was wonderful in great part to the Director of Housekeeping Marcelo Maldonado. He went over and above what we have experienced at other hotels and when we are ever back in New York City, we will be staying at the Manhattan Affinia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph K, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Paul O,

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We often hear that guests traveling through Penn Station find our hotel to be a convenient choice. I am also pleased to see that Marcelo made such a big impact on your stay. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to him. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked directly via the Hotel and got a good rate for one night for a family of four sharing a room with two double beds.Was really impressed with the hotel keeping good communications via email for our fourth coming trip.We pre-booked from the pillow menu prior to checking in and we also had the option for some free amenity packs so we chose the free bottle opener.We were also asked to like the Affinia Manhattan Facebook page and by doing so we'd get a voucher for a complimentary cocktail or bottle of wine,so we 'Liked' their Facebook page and as promised emailed our free wine voucher to us.Sounds perfect right? WRONG!!!

We didn't check in to the hotel until 10:30pm due to us coming late in to the city on a late flight.On our arrival the lady on check in didn't seem to be able to locate our booking,but never really elaborated.No matter she gave us a room and when I asked if it was with two double beds as we had booked,she said no and that it was one King bed and a double sofa bed.This was not what we had ordered but that is what we were given.The receptionist advised us that someone would turn down the bed for the kids whilst we took a late night stroll up 7th Avenue.We returned to our room at 23:30pm and the bed was not made for our two young children and there was no extra bedding in the room.So my disgruntled husband went back downstairs and they said they'd send someone up in 15 minutes....at 1am they finally showed up and we'd had to put the kids in the double and us share the sofa bed with one blanket and we'd had to make the bed up ourselves.Hardly what you'd call 4 star service! Our room was on the 14th floor despite us requesting a high floor in such a busy part of town.So to that end we heard all the road works that went on throughout the night and when I say noise,I don't mean the general pipping of horns and sirens,I am talking Pneumatic drills directly beneath our room the entire night.I guess if I had drunk a bottle of wine then I might have slept through it being so exhausted but sadly they didn't honour the freebie wine either...OR the bottle opener...Guess they felt we wouldn't need the bottle opener seeing as they never sent the wine up!!

The only good experience I can say about the Affinia is they did compensate us the next day by knocking off the room taxes and a Fifty dollar credit.

Rooms: Always ask for a high floor,but you might not get it though.The decor is OK...a bit tired and quite honestly looked a bit bodged.If you are from the UK you will know what I mean when I say it looked like 'Changing Rooms' had been in to do the place up.The bathroom was tiny and only had a shower.All the tiles needed replacing and my 12 year old daughter was reluctant to use it just purely because it was so tatty...even if it was clean!!
Bedding was comfy (well if you slept on the bed) If you are unlucky enough to get the sofa bed then you'll get a measly blanket.

Verdict: Don't stay here.This shoddy establishment is not worthy of a 4 star rating.My brother who lives in NYC actually had one of his friends describe 'The Affinia Manhattan' as not 4 Star,but 4 out of 10 and that I am afraid to say is the truth! If you want a proper 4 star hotel in a good location then go stay at the 'Marriott Marquis' up in Times Square.Slightly more expensive but at least you get what you pay for.Thankfully we stayed there the following week for three nights.So glad we only had to endure the one night at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here then ask for a high room to avoid noise from the never ending road works or bring a pair of noise cancelling headphones...OR DONT STAY HERE!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank belle2827

Dear belle2827,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is very disappointing to read about all of the challenges your family dealt with during your brief stay. Providing our guests with an great, authentic NYC experience and excellent customer service are our top priorities. Unfortunately, it looks like we were not able to do this for your your family. I am glad that our team was able to compensate you in some way and I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention.

A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My new favorite hotel in Manhattan!

I have stayed here a handful of times in the past and the hotel's lobby and connected bar/lounge are hip and ideal for business travelers and casual meetings over drinks. The staff is always courteous and helpful.

During my last trip I made the mistake of leaving my iPad behind in the room. I figured "that's it ... I'll never see that again." But when I contacted the Affinia Manhattan and spoke to Rozalyn in Guest Services ... I found out that 'Melissa' from her staff found my iPad and turned it in. Rozalyn even coordinated overnighting it back to me!! Honesty and service like this is rare and hard to pass up.

I highly recommend staying at The Affinia Manhattan!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for the kind words. Providing excellent customer service to our guests is our top priority and I am very happy that Rozalyn and Melissa were able to help you with your lost iPad. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our restaurant, Niles, to be a good place for a casual business meeting. I will certainly pass along your compliments to the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We arrived a little bit before the check-in time and the folks at registration could not have been nicer. We got a slight upgrade, a nice quiet room in the back of the hotel (no street noise), but it was pretty dark. The windows looked out into the hallway of the building next door so we kept the blinds closed.
The lobby is full of groups of tourists, lots of them (many from Europe). There are so many people it's not particularly a relaxing setting. And so many seem to think nothing of exiting the revolving door and stopping, blocking access to the revolving doors.
The room is a nice mixture of a relatively old room "tarted up" with new fixtures and lighting. But I gotta say, it works. Nice new fixtures in the bathroom. Lighting was better than the average hotel. There were big bottles of shampoo and conditioner locked into a cage in the shower, but the pumps did not work all that well. Towels were thick if on the small side. Soap and lotion were not too perfumed. And the shower was very, very good for a low-flow shower; I was impressed.
Big bed, comfortable, nice duvet, but the sheets felt a little "papery." Free earplugs "just in case." Lots of closet space.
The free coffee with the tiny coffeemaker was so weak as to be undrinkable.
The location is great, essentially across the street from Penn Station and accessible to several subway lines and several intercity bus stops (Bolt Bus).
Upon check-out, the registration desk people were incredibly helpful and friendly. I'm amazed they can be so pleasant with so many people in the lobby. (Apparently there is complimentary wine in the evening, but we missed it.)

Room Tip: Quieter rooms in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Voyageur_americain,

Thank you for the detailed feedback about your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. I am pleased you enjoyed the upgraded room and found it to be comfortable. Our lobby, much like the City it embodies, can be a busy and bustling place. I am pleased the front desk team was able to provide you with good customer service, even during some of the busiest times of the day. I hope you will visit us again and are able to join us for wine hour next time.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Want to thank Frankly Polonia, the Banquet Manager at the Affinia Manhattan. Our company hosted a one day conference at the hotel and he and his staff did an exceptional job helping us execute. Franklyn met with us the day before, showed us the space, helped us get all our boxes delivered to our office and checked in to make sure we had everything we needed. He was visible during the day of the event, again his staff and the A/V team did a great job and were very flexible wherever needed. They went above and beyond! Marianna Ogando, the Director of Catering helped us determine our event needs, space and overall determining what would work best for our event. I thought the location of the hotel was great, near Penn Station and Madison Garden, lots of fun restaurants a short walk or cab drive away. The sleeping room was comfortable, the beds were comfortable and clean. It wasn't a luxurious room, but still very comfortable, and clean. The small bathroom didn't bother me at all, since it was also updated, clean and good, hot running water! All in all, I would definitely stay at this hotel again or host another event.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tanya C,

Thank you for the great insight about your recent event with us. I am pleased to read that Franklyn and the rest of our team here were able to assist you in hosting an excellent event. Our newly renovated meeting spaces have only been in operation for few months and we greatly appreciate the feedback about them. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed your hotel stay and found the rooms to be comfortable. I know I speak for the whole team when I say that we look forward to hosting you again soon.