Stewart Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$194
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$320
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$188
5,841 results
All reviewsaffinia manhattanpenn stationmadison square gardenniles restaurantnew yorkone bedroom suitetimes squarewine hourstreet noisean upgradecity that never sleepssofa bedempire state buildinglight sleepercentral locationupon checkfantastic location
Reviewed 30 April 2014

First time at the hotel. Reservation agent was very helpful in selecting a room for a mother/daughters get-together. Location was important -- wanted to be near Penn Station and sights in downtown Manhattan (Statue of Liberty; World Trade Center memorial). Of course, it was very busy with travelers and the Rangers playing at Madison Square but that is to be expected. The room was large for Manhattan and we had a fold-out couch. Decor was modern and interesting. All was very clean and welcoming. Bathroom was on the small-ish side but ok. Concierge was very helpful with restaurant suggestions, subway directions, etc. Staff was accommodating with extra bedding for foldout couch. Very pleased with the experience.

Room Tip: Reservation agent was helpful in choosing between a variety of rooms and bed types. There were tradeoffs and options for size, location, bathroom size, view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Rachel B,

Thank you for your lovely review and your kind comments about Affinia Manhattan and our entire team. I’m delighted that our reservations team was very helpful in selecting the appropriate hotel for the type of experience you had in mind. And you are absolutely correct about our fantastic location being near all the sights and sounds of New York! Being across the street from Madison Square Garden and a five minute walk from the Empire State Building, one simply cannot go wrong with the Affinia Manhattan. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Central location by Penn Station brilliant had room on 19th floor away from street. Upgrade to suite very welcome. Room comfortable spacious bed very comfortable. Knowledgable staff, perfect location for travelers..

Room Tip: Request higher up away from city noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Dubbay,

Thank you for your lovely review! It’s a pleasure to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and your stay enjoyable. Whenever your travels bring you back to New York, we look forward to being your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My partner booked us into the Affinia Manhattan for a surprise 5 day trip to NYC for my 30th birthday, as I had always wanted to visits New York. He booked through Trailfinders in the UK who assured us that this was an excellent, luxury 4* hotel in Mid Manhattan, and he wanted it to be a special trip, and more luxury than or usual budget travel, so he splashed out. Sadly it did not meet our expectations.

When we first checked in, we had to wait for about 20 minutes, in part as the reception staff were dealing with other customers' complaints...this should have been fair warning! The room was tiny, with a small double bed, barely room to get around the bed, let alone for two suitcases, and there was an old, ugly and very noisy air conditioning unit on the wall. The bathroom was worn and tired looking, and so small it was comical....You couldn't fully open the door as the toilet was in the way. The shower worked only on half power, as the other half the water came out of the bath taps. We also found an old sock and a cosmetics bottle in the room....not what I would expect from a '4*' hotel.

I went to reception to discuss our disappointment at the room-we had expected at the very least, a clean room with a fully functioning bathroom, but for the price we paid, even in mid manhattan, we expected much higher quality. They reluctantly agreed to upgrade us to a bigger room, but not until the following day.

The upgrade, a suite, was much bigger, with two double beds, although they were no bigger. There was a kitchenette which was a bonus. The bathroom was exactly the same, with the same problem with the shower!! Perhaps none of their showers work?

We were much happier with the room, although it was still worn looking, with a lot of cracks etc and not particularly clean, with the same ugly and noisy (and I think broken!) air conditioning unit-but we made do. We found more dirty underwear (not ours) when checking the room as we checked out-apparently this is as standard?!

We found the staff, including the concierge to be rude and unhelpful-when we checked out, we wanted to leave our luggage in storage for a few hours until it was time to leave for our flight. We needed to get something out of one of the bags whilst they were in storage, and the concierge/bellboy who was watching the luggage store was extremely rude and refused to let us get anything out of our luggage unless we removed it all from storage. We had the ticket for the luggage and ID, and he was the same man who checked the luggage in an hour earlier so it was not a security issue, which we would have appreciated. In addition, the internet was extortionately priced in a city where every cafe offers free wifi.

We thought that the free wine hour they offered seemed like a nice bonus, but a 4 star hotel offering free wine in beakers wasn't quite what we expected. There was a very noisy event on in the lobby one evening, which was quite intimidating and unpleasant for guests who may want to take advantage of free wine hour. None of the staff seemed to know what the event was but it seemed quite tacky.

The cleaners were very friendly and did a good job every day and the location was great but that is about all good that we can say about it.

We travel a lot, usually on a budget, so we are very used to and happy in lower end hotels...but this hotel was priced and sold to us as a high end option but sadly, and very disappointingly for us, on our special trip, did not deliver.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BP1704

Dear BP1704,

Thank you for your review and feedback.
I’m extremely disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations this time. The feedback you provided is useful and am reviewing your comments with our team. While we strive for operational excellence, we did experience a system glitch which affected our check in process. This unfortunate incident, which occurred in April, has immediately been attended to and resolved allowing for normal operations to resume. I do hope that we’ll be given another opportunity to accommodate you in the near future. We highly appreciate your business and sincerely thank you for selecting our hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been staying at this hotel two times, and think it's the best choice, if you want to be in the middle of the lovely city. By foot you can reach everything, just remember your walking shoes. Of course the rooms can't be quiet, you are in the middle of it all. The staff at the hotel are very helpful with everything. The rooms are very clean and the beds are almost as good as them at home.
Next month we have our third trip to NY, and of course we have booked this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pia L

Dear Pia L,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I’m delighted that you found our team to be very friendly and incredibly helpful. Whenever your travels bring you back to New York, we look forward to being your home away from home.
Thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Dear Affinia: I used to love to brag about you. I loved the convenience of the hotel and friendly service but my stay this month, I have to take everything back. A prepaid reservation I made back in February and a note on the reservation stating that I would be late did nothing to prevent you from giving away my room for the first night of my 3-night stay. Your manager Ashley tried to explain something about maintenance issue but then later said it was about security. I had to push to get some sort of justice for the otherwise smaller room that I was supposed to be thankful that they gave me! To top it off, my return trip found me back in NYC when my travel plans changed. I called back to Affinia to try to stay again (I didn't have access to a computer and your number was in my phone.) Central reservations told me you had a two-night minimum, which did not sound right to me. So I called the hotel directly and spoke to a manager who said you were completely sold out anyway!!! Not sure what the discrepancy was here. I stayed at a sister property -- the Affinia Dumont -- and it reminded me of how the Affinia Manhattan used to be.
I don't know what you have done to screw up your reservation system, but please fix it. You just aren't reliable. My husband said he couldn't believe how nice I used to claim it was given this experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear YepltsMe2014,

Thank you for your review.
I’m very disappointed that during your last stay we did not exceed your expectations. While we strive for operational excellence, we did experience a system glitch which affected our room availability. This unfortunate incident, which occurred in April, has immediately been attended to and resolved allowing for normal operations to resume. I do hope that when you travels bring you back to New York, you’ll give us another opportunity to make this right as we would love to accommodate you-seamlessly this time.