Despite the glossy photos of this hotel on arrival we were very disappointed! The reception area is quite smart but the lifts take so long to take you up to your room. The corridor on the level I stayed at was very grubby and smelt like it had been used as a public toilet. Once we got into our room we were once again disappointed with the size of the room, you had to shuffle around the bed which was only a double size ( we had two beds in our room which is the only good thing because we had somewhere to put our suitcases)!!!! When we checked in we were told we were entitled to 20% discount in the restaurant so you can imagine our surprise when after having our breakfast we were told this only includes dinner! When we complained the manager eventually and reluctantly agreed to pay half of our bill. We could have gone up the road to a cafe for fraction of the cost! We paid well over the odds for this hotel and was told if we had come a week earlier we would have paid less and had breakfast included! Talk about rubbing salt into the wounds! The rooms were very noisy from the traffic all night I did have to use the ear plugs which were kindly left in the bedside draw!
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with an airy, elegant lobby in Midtown (near the border with Chelsea), this property is less than a block from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The lavish guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and WiFi (surcharge). Studios add a kitchenette, while the 1- and 2-bedroom suites add full kitchens and separate living areas. Some suites feature an additional bathroom and/or terrace. Shared amenities include an on-site fitness center, self-service laundry and a contemporary American restaurant. There is a complimentary wine hour for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stewart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York