Bedrooms - we were on 3rd floor initially in a tiny room - asked to be moved to a larger one, which happened quickly and didn't have to pay that much more. My mum was on her own on the 16th floor and I wasn't terribly happy with her room but the hotel was full and there was no where to move her to. It was ok but there was no real window so felt a bit like a prison cell!
We stayed at the Affinia 50 5 years ago and this was a step up from that - although I know that one has also been refurbed since then. The location is just fabulous - easy to walk to so many places. Had one day where the rain was so heavy that we didn't even want to leave the hotel and so we ate in Niles - and it was possibly the best meal we had during our whole stay!
Doesn't get 5 stars as the rooms are nice but amazing, and they wanted $170 for a late check out, which I thought was astronomical!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with an airy, elegant lobby in Midtown (near the border with Chelsea), this property is less than a block from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The lavish guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and WiFi (surcharge). Studios add a kitchenette, while the 1- and 2-bedroom suites add full kitchens and separate living areas. Some suites feature an additional bathroom and/or terrace. Shared amenities include an on-site fitness center, self-service laundry and a contemporary American restaurant. There is a complimentary wine hour for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Stewart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York