“Exceeded my expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our trip to Manhattan was for vacation and this was my first stay at an Affinia. From check-in to check-out the staff went out of their way to make our stay perfect. My stay was not without a couple of problems but I was never stressed because of the quick action taken by the staff. First, my room key would not open the door. Issue was resolved immediately and we were even placed into a better room. Second, the air conditioner stopped working on our last night. The staff worked with me to find a solution that fixed the issue, did not require any strangers to enter the room, AND did not disturb my sleeping wife. Incredible! Even though this trip was for pleasure, I have been a frequent business traveler for the past 15 years and have never had a better hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are flattered reading this review, thank you so much for sharing! We acknowledge there are challenges from time but it is how we recover that really matters, happy we were able to allow you a most comfortable stay. Hoping to have you with us again in the future.

Humbly,

Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,097)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this hotel through Traifinders so expected a good experience.I was travelling with my son so we had booked a twin room.On arrival we were told we had been upgraded to a deluxe suite,not bad we thought,although no reason was given for the up grade.the rest went quickly down hill.......the lift takes ages to arrive and when we eventually reach our room the key card does not work.....Two key cards later we eventually gain access to the room,only to find one double bed.We were told one of us would have to use the pull down couch,we accepted this only because by this stage we were tired and hungry.They told us they would set it up if we wanted to go out for a drink,when we came back,the bed was indeed made up but the room to the door had been left open and the key card again did not work..............This was eventually sorted but was a poor poor start.The rooms were not the cleanest and the lifts were a nightmare........never never again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 170655
I am so very sorry for the key challenges you encountered, please consider reaching out to us via direct message so that we may fully investigate. Out elevators are slow currently, we cannot apologize enough, we are in the midst of a modernization project to enhance the experience. One-third are complete and in the next two weeks, two-thirds will be complete, and in two months all will be complete. We can’t wait! We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. Our 2nd trip didn't disappoint again. We stayed in the same room 1110 both times and the views from the room are simply stunning! Had a fab stay in a fab city and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2014
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you and we can’t wait to have you back!

Until then…

Arlington VA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent 3 nights there recently in a room with a kitchenette. I travel to NYC via Amtrak, mostly to catch a show, but this time I did a bit more. Because it is right across from Penn Station and had the kitchenette, I saved on transportation and breakfasts out. I had picked up cereal, milk and fruit for my stay (the coffee in the room is excellent) so I didn't have to get dressed to pick up something and used the time instead to plan my day. I walked to the High Line, Union Square, Chelsea market, Eataly, and of course to the theater on 48th Street.

Very clean and well appointed. But it was dark. Even with 3 windows, the shades had to be down because the room would be visible from other buildings but it was away from the street and the bed so so comfortable I was willing to give up the light and view.

I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
We would be honored to host you again! We are most certainly close to everything, even Eataly, what an experience, so many choices, you can spend hours in there. Happy you had a great time, until next time…

Stow, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stay here often for work and the staff is overwhelmingly friendly, especially Jenny at the front desk. Who has remembered me every time I come and make me feel at home away from home. It is very conveniently located across from Penn Station which is a huge plus for me. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very accomodating and will help you whenever they can.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for posting a review, Jenny is great and she will be thrilled that you have mentioned her in this forum, we will be sure everyone is aware. Happy we are your home away from home, our goal is to provide the most comfortable and customized stay.

Regards,

Bourne End, Bucks
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Bedrooms - we were on 3rd floor initially in a tiny room - asked to be moved to a larger one, which happened quickly and didn't have to pay that much more. My mum was on her own on the 16th floor and I wasn't terribly happy with her room but the hotel was full and there was no where to move her to. It was ok but there was no real window so felt a bit like a prison cell!

We stayed at the Affinia 50 5 years ago and this was a step up from that - although I know that one has also been refurbed since then. The location is just fabulous - easy to walk to so many places. Had one day where the rain was so heavy that we didn't even want to leave the hotel and so we ate in Niles - and it was possibly the best meal we had during our whole stay!

Doesn't get 5 stars as the rooms are nice but amazing, and they wanted $170 for a late check out, which I thought was astronomical!

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room to help reduce the noise!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind review, we are happy you chose to stay with us and in the middle of all NYC has to offer. Niles is wonderful, great food. Apologies for the late check-out fee, we have had to institute this as we need to have the rooms ready for our guests that are arriving, and depending on the time needed is the rate that is quoted. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future and we will be able to earn 5 bubbles from you.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Second time to New York. It was my husband's 60th Birthday, we picked The Affinia Manhattan this time for location, as we stayed in 'Times Square' last time.
We we're upgraded on arrival which was a lovely start to the holiday. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable and had good nights' sleep. The staff we're very friendly and helpful nothing was to much trouble. We would definitely recommend this Hotel.
Linda T
Devon United Kingdom

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Linda,

We are honored to have hosted your stay to celebrate your husband’s birthday. We are very close to Time’s Square but not right in the middle allowing you to experience our neighborhood. Thank you for the recommendation and hopefully next time we host your birthday!