Four night break from the UK. We booked a Studio Double Room which should include kitchenette and living area with two large beds. Upon arrival we were allocated a 'Guest' room which was tiny in size with a very tired look to the furnishings. Initially our complaints to reception staff achieved little despite all our paperwork showing quite clearly the type of room we should have been allocated. Things improved when the Duty Manager appeared who was able to transfer us to a correct style of room for nights 2-4, so only one night in a cupboard !
Problem seems to lie with the travel company we booked with - Hayes and Jarvis - who use a third party agent in New York to reconcile bookings with rooms - we are still in discussion with HJ who seem determined to duck the issue.
The hotel is well situated opposite Madison Square Garden and the area is noisy all day and night.
Staff were friendly but facilities in the hotel limited. I guess most visitors just want a bed and little more whilst in New York, the rooms offered little encouragement to relax and enjoy the view.
A number of the elevators were out of use and when we arrived mid-afternoon, there appeared to be upwards of fifty people waiting for rooms to be cleaned.
This could be a great hotel in a great situation in a great City BUT it does need to try a little harder to achieve return visits
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with an airy, elegant lobby in Midtown (near the border with Chelsea), this property is less than a block from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The lavish guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and WiFi (surcharge). Studios add a kitchenette, while the 1- and 2-bedroom suites add full kitchens and separate living areas. Some suites feature an additional bathroom and/or terrace. Shared amenities include an on-site fitness center, self-service laundry and a contemporary American restaurant. There is a complimentary wine hour for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Stewart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York