“First hotel I check for availability when traveling to NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stewart Hotel

Stewart Hotel
Ranked #200 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waterford, New York
“First hotel I check for availability when traveling to NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

While the location is convenient, and the hotel has been updated, I mainly select the Affinia Manhattan when traveling to NYC because I feel welcomed. Especially when you are a returning guest, they treat you like family. Jenny at the front desk is very warm and welcoming and remembers your guest preferences. She genuinely cares about your experience at the hotel. The Affinia is the first hotel I check when making travel arrangements to NYC and I recommend it to my coworkers and family members as well. The way staff treat their guests is standard the other hotels should aspire to be.

Room Tip: select a room away from elevator and check for ear plugs that are available in the rooms if you are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Dina A,

thank you, thank you for such a glowing review and such stellar comments for our staff! I wish to convey just how much the love hearing back from our guests here on Tripadvisor. Moreover, I would like to thank you for your unparalelled loyalty and business.
I look forward to seeing you soon and welcoming you back!

Alex Spektor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were looking for a hotel that was affordable and relatively close to Madison Square Garden and the theater district. This one fit the bill perfectly. It's right across the street from MSG and within walking distance of a lot of the city's attractions. The hotel offers valet parking, and their special offers can include free parking if you drive in to the city. They also offer advance check-in. Our check in time was at 3, we arrived at 1 and our room was ready.However, you still have to stop at the front desk for your key of course, and their lines can be a bit long and slow moving. They do have express check-out though, so you can avoid the lines if your check-out is straight forward.

The room itself was pretty tiny, but I guess this is to be expected in New York. It was also very quaint, which was nice. We only stayed one night and all in all it was a comfortable stay.

Even though we were on the nineteenth floor, the city noise was quite loud. The hotel does offer complimentary ear plugs which were qite useful.

Room Tip: Try to select a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Laurel W,

thank you for a great review and for providing very useful tips to all our other guests here on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate you visiting our website and sharing just how useful all the promotions and packages are. We update them periodically and try to incorporate as many seasonal offers as we can. And since we provide a detailed description of each room and suite type, you can be comfortable choosing something that truly works well for you. Thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan!

Ballina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hi Everybody.Myself,my wife and 2 kids (2 boys 9 and 16) just returned from a wonderful trip to New York.We stayed at The Affinia Manhattan Hotel owing to its location and good reviews that we have read here on tripadvisor. As you can see there was a family of 4, we booked the 1 bedroom suite which worked out very well. There was plenty of space for all of us and the rooms were tidy and very clean! We asked for a room on a high floor-which we got but please be aware nobody can escape the noise of Manhattan.
There was 3 large flat screen tvs all rooms which worked out very well. We had 2 stays in this hotel during out trip to NYC. We left the hotel to stay with friends in Jersey for July 4th weekend, and came back to this hotel for a further 2 night before we headed back home to Ireland! I have no heaitation recommending this hotel to anybody. Its a great hotel and well located opposite Penn Station and getting anywhere is within walking distance or a small cab fare away! During our stay we were very well looked after by Jenny on reception and Carl and Anthony and Tom and moving our luggage and getting is cabs etc... Nothing was a problem to these great people! They are a friendly bunch and are into having the customer happy and enjoying their stay!

Room Tip: There is free wifi, just ask at check-in and they will sort you out!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ASpektor, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear culleens,

thank you for your wonderful review and choosing Affinia Manhattan for your very special New York City visit.
It looks like your family enjoyed the spacious One Bedroom suite and you found the location central and easy to get to. I highly appreciate your great feedback for our team and look forward to personally sharing it with each of them. Whenever your travels bring you back to New York, I do hope that Affinia Manhattan will be your top hotel choice.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here for the Latin Alternative Music Conference so we got a great group rate but I still couldn't believe how huge and nice my room was for what I paid! I understand the entire hotel was recently renovated and the new look combines French chic with modern comforts. I loved the check-in process that allowed you to make special requests regarding floor level, distance from elevator, etc. I also love that it's a pet friendly hotel. I was on the 22nd floor and my room was so big I could have performed an Olympic floor routine in there. Open the door and there was a hallway leading into the room which opened with a full sized sofa, space large enough for Yoga or World Cup viewing party, big comfy bed, more Yoga space on the other side of the bed, and lounge chairs along the far wall. Off this space was a separate office with a nice sized desk, dresser, and mini fridge. I wouldn't be surprised if this room was the size of the average Manhattanite's home. The location is incredible - less than 1 block from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station, and walking distance to Times Square and other tourist attractions. I was also very pleased with the onsite restaurant & bar. The restaurant's prices were very reasonable given it's a hotel restaurant. I would definitely recommend this hotel to either business or pleasure travelers and hope to visit again soon!

Room Tip: the higher the room the less street noise you'll hear at night. On floor 22 I was able to sleep...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear TruthIsThat,

thank you for this amazing review!
I truly am blown away by your wonderful feedback, and as the General Manager of Affinia Manhattan, I'm thrilled to see what an amazing time you had at our hotel. Our entire team enjoyed hosting the LAMC and thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special event.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this Hotel after trying to find some affordable accomadation in New York. As it was such a cheap price we were not sure what to expect. From the time we first arrived we were amazed at how good value this Hotel was. Staff friendly and helpful.Had a small issue with the shower and it was fixed straight away.Great location close to Penn Station, shops and restaurants. Our room was much larger than expected with a bed that was so comfortable. They even had a guest laundry which is so handy when travelling. Look no further if you are staying in New York.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Dear Michael R,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind review and feedback.
It looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found our Signature Affinia beds incredibly comfy. Next time, for all of your travel planning, please visit our website where we feature seasonal and promotional rates and packages that simply cannot be beat. Thank you for staying with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location is excellent, easy access from the Penn Station, and also easy access if you get the train from Newark airport (like we did). The location is awesome, is easy to get to different subway stations that can take you anywhere. Shopping spree is just around the corner form the Hotel and also the Empire State. The Hotel Room was amazing as well the staff. Definitely we made the correct choice to spend our vacation in NY City. Next Time we will get concert tickets for the Madison square Garden, is just across the street from the Hotel. (Very handy)

Room Tip: Get a room that is not directly facing the 7th AV.
Dear Ian W,

thank you, thank you for such a fantastic review of Affinia Manhattan!
Very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay...and you are absolutely right, for any shows at Madison Square Garden, our hotel and location simply cannot be beat. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Alex
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked one bedroom with kitchenette. It was huge, great if you have kids, very close to subways or just walking anywhere. Doorman Manny very helpful, as was Matthew Concierge delightful, no matter how many questions from this first time visitor. Randolf on reception very helpful. The rooms clean, and quiet, I only heard church bells no traffic. And we had five windows, and I can actually see Empire St.ate Building from here. I highly recommend this hotel, for shortt or longer stays. Lovely Art Deco features. I loved it so much, I am writing my review even before I leave!

Dear Cathy J,

Wow! I was truly delighted to read your review! Cannot believe you wrote it before even departing, but I think all the credit goes to our staff, who as you encountered each one of them, are simply wonderful to chat with. And not to mention just how committed they are to making sure you are comfortable. Thank you so much for your lovely review and we truly look forward to welcoming you back.