We stayed at the Affinia for an overnight trip into Manhatten. The location is great, right across the street from NY Penn and close to subways stops, etc.. The staff were very helpful during the check in and check out process. The lobby has been redecorated, but certainly is starting to show wear. The rooms, however, are another story, like the story about putting lipstick on a pig. The rooms are definitely showing wear; the in-window AC units were installed haphazardly and without proper insulation, allowing exhaust from the busy street below to come into the room; and the doors! The doors slammed so loud and hard, your room would shake from it. Given a choice, I would only stay at this hotel if I needed to be in close proximity to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with an airy, elegant lobby in Midtown (near the border with Chelsea), this property is less than a block from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The lavish guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and WiFi (surcharge). Studios add a kitchenette, while the 1- and 2-bedroom suites add full kitchens and separate living areas. Some suites feature an additional bathroom and/or terrace. Shared amenities include an on-site fitness center, self-service laundry and a contemporary American restaurant. There is a complimentary wine hour for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Stewart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York