Staff on check not the friendliest. No smiles, no welcome to speak of.
Rooms easy to find once you've waited for the incredibly slow lifts.
An interesting lobby area with odd sofas and old doors etc querky in a good way.
Staff employed here are excellent door slammers tho. And me sleeping at odd times of day due to my work routine wasn't made easy for all the extra noise.
The hotel lobby was freezing. So glad I don't pay their air con bill. My room was positively arctic. A penguin would have been very comfortable. I however am not a penguin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An upscale hotel with an airy, elegant lobby in Midtown (near the border with Chelsea), this property is less than a block from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The lavish guest rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and WiFi (surcharge). Studios add a kitchenette, while the 1- and 2-bedroom suites add full kitchens and separate living areas. Some suites feature an additional bathroom and/or terrace. Shared amenities include an on-site fitness center, self-service laundry and a contemporary American restaurant. There is a complimentary wine hour for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stewart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York