Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cruiser02900213315

Horrible place, the smell of urine is overwhelming.

Review of Stewart Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 May 2023
Place is horrible. The smell of urine in the room was so bad I had to leave and find another hotel. My friend's that booked the room left as well. Never again will I step foot in this Hotel. Staff was very rude when they complained about the smell and didn't want to give them a refund. They ruined our trip to New York in a matter of minutes. Stay somewhere else, Stewart Hotel is a nasty place in my opinion and you won't be happy with your stay.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: There are hotels everywhere in New York, this isn't a place you would enjoy yourself and be able...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £233
0.4 miles from Stewart Hotel
View more hotels in New York City
8,434 results
All reviews penn station niles restaurant madison square garden front desk new york one bedroom suite times square an upgrade street noise empire state building central location fantastic location big apple few blocks affinia lobby nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2023 via mobile

Delighted to see its shut for good. The place was awful. Dirty rooms and towels. Terrible service and far too expensive. My complaint is still unresolved months after submitting it. Thus almost ruined our us holiday. Fortunately we stayed at the fairmont after and recovered.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Davinder C
Reviewed 16 February 2023

The staff were all very nice and we were upgraded on arrival to a suite. The room was a little odd, with a huge living area and quite a small bedroom area, we had 2 bathroom/showers and a large kitchenette (we didn't use), The room was tired, with stains on the blinds, the carpet was frayed in places. The bathroom cleanliness was questionable, i wasn't sure if it was dirt or miscolouring. The temperature was nicely controlled in the room. The floor we were on had a vert distinct smell of weed the whole time we were there, despite not being able to smoke in the hotel!
The location is good just a few moments from Macys, and around 15 mins to Times square. Plenty of places to eat in the vicinity. Overall, it was fine, the decor didn't bother me to bad as it was a shirt break and we were mostly out of the room, but more attention to cleanliness would be a good move for the hotel

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 8 February 2023

They take a $300 deposit and never return it! Me and boyfriend are both students and had no warning of a deposit being taken. After getting home they didn’t send the money and are now denying they owe us!! It is disgusting behaviour. Please no one ever stay here!!

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charleigh G
Reviewed 3 February 2023

Nightmare on seventh avenue

Please avoid this hotel at all costs, on our first night the bedroom ceiling had water pouring through and we had to use pans to collect the water, was told by maintenance nothing could be done.
Bedroom not cleaned when we arrived had nuts remnants on the floor by the side of the bed, blinds falling off, receptionist tells untruthful and the manager too busy to speak to guests and when you do finally speak to him no apologies just rude

Room tip: Please avoid at all costs this hotel
Date of stay: December 2022
1  Thank Nicola B
StewartHotelNYC, General Manager at Stewart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2023

We appreciate your feedback, H8056KWnicolab.

We're disheartened that your time with us was less than ideal. We regret that our staff and the condition of our property failed to meet your expectations. We will be sure to alert the appropriate members of our team to rectify these issues. We care deeply about our guests and want to provide the best service possible. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention.

We hope you give us another chance to host you soon so we can share a more positive experience.

Xerxes Cursetji

Reviewed 1 February 2023

I took my daughter to New York for her 18th birthday. On arrival, I was asked to provide credit card details for a $300 security deposit and was assured it would be returned on check-out. During our 4 night stay, we had several issues with the quality of the hotel. Firstly, we had to request our room was cleaned and our towels changed. Then we arrived back from a day's sight seeing to find that our door was ajar and our key cards no longer worked. We were offered no apology for the fact that our belongings were left vulnerable all day and the explanation for the key cards failing to work was that the clocks had gone back that morning. Despite trying several times to get key cards that would unlock our door, they eventually had to move us to an alternative room. Both of the rooms were shoddy and unclean, particularly the bathrooms. The coffee provided in the rooms was undrinkable and we went across the road to the nearest Starbucks each morning. On check-out I enquired about the security deposit and was told that it had already been refunded to my card. A couple of days after I returned home, I saw a charge to my card by the hotel of $168. I immediately emailed to find out what this charge was and, almost three months later, I am still waiting for a response. I also spent over £10 in mobile phone charges trying to call the hotel but have never received a response to my voicemails. I then contacted my bank and disputed the charge. They have investigated on my behalf and have discovered it was a standard fee for the coffee in the room, the laundry service and use of the gym. As previously mentioned, the coffee was undrinkable and we had to ask for our towels to be changed. We did not once use the gym. The hotel informed my bank that these charges are clearly on their website but I had booked via TUI so did not use the hotel's website. At no point during the check-in procedure was I informed that this charge would be applied to my card. I feel like this hotel has mugged me as there is absolutely nothing I can do to get my money back. In conclusion, this is an unkempt, dirty hotel with incredibly poor customer services, who charge you for services they have not provided in a very underhand manner. It's worth noting that you can no longer book this hotel via TUI.

Date of stay: November 2022