1,772 results
All reviewsbagelspenn stationthe empire state buildingkorea towngreat locationaround the cornernew yorktimes squarefree breakfastslow elevatorherald squaretwin bedsstayed here for nightstea coffeesmall fridgesame blockbudget hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were one week in this hotel in Executive Suite. Suite was large (compared normal hotel rooms in NYC) and clean. At least our suite's bathroom was renovated. Free WiFi! Location in Midtown, Empire State Building or Madison Square garden only two block away from this hotel. And subway stations nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'm going to start with the good. My room was clean, the bathroom had a lot of counter space, and there were plenty of pillows. The AC did not work very well. I set my room to 70 F and the one night I was there it never turned off - the temperature never got below 75 F. The bed was ok, but definitely old. I would say within the next 2 years someone will be feeling springs as they sleep. Overall the room accomplished what I needed it to and based off just my room experience I would come back. HOWEVER, there are a few other details that changed my mind about my stay and I won't be coming back. The lobby bathroom is shared with a restaurant next door. While waiting for a ride I ran to the bathroom real quick and I wish i would have waited. When I walked in the bathroom was filthy and there was a used feminine hygiene product on the floor - no paper towels - just over filth. This alone is enough to make me never want to come back and I was very happy my stay was just one night.

Breakfast was bagels, coffee, juice, and a few other pastries - not bad and convenient to have to start your day. HOWEVER, breakfast is served in the cafe next door. It is small and cramped, but the worst part was the morning I had breakfast the cafe was very hot inside and very humid. It was miserable for eating. Just walking thru the doors from the lobby to the cafe you could tell a definite temperature and climate change.

One thing to note - there is only one elevator in the building so it can take awhile to go from lobby to your floor or from your floor to the lobby. I was on floor 6 and took the stairs down. I would recommend getting a room on the lower floors so you can just avoid the elevator wait.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the supreme disappointment. From the grimy lobby to the woefully dated rooms, to the mystery spot in the middle of my floor, to the non-existent air conditioning. Nothing about this hotel was acceptable. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. The best thing I can say is that the Wine Bar is a welcome reprieve from the rest of the substandard property.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Saxtell
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Several friends have been to NY an recommended hotels but they were all out of my budget so I searched through all the hotels and found this one, which is a block away from the Empire State and down the road from the central Penn Station. I told them it was a 40th birthday trip and they gave me a wonderful room and complimentary bottle of wine. The room was lovely and clean and the bathroom was amazing! The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Only thing I would say is get down to breakfast early as there are limited seats. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KarenDalldorf
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Clean hotel with nice staff. Our room didn't have view, just a big wall outside the window. Just one elevator - long waiting time in the mornings. Location perfect, subway very close and hop on hop off busses on 34 th street. Really recomend to but The hop on hop off- they can be bought everywhere on the streets. Note there are different companies and they stop at different places.
Breakfast rather bad. Fresh fruit- an apple. Bagles, butter and something called marmelade!!! Every morning long line to get a table an not always possible to get table for four. Very small breakfast area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with wiev. We had 1212 and 1204 and both had a big Wall outside the window.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends