1,780 results
All reviews bagels penn station the empire state building korea town great location around the corner new york times square free breakfast slow elevator herald square twin beds stayed here for nights tea coffee small fridge same block budget hotel
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visited this hotel for brunch - so no comments on the rooms.

You need to book - but it was well worth it. The menu was great - food fresh and very nice - and any venue that service strong liqueur at breakfast has my vote.

A great spot - easy to access and with plenty of dining options. It pays to do some research to make sure you are seated in the area of your choice - and definitely go with an appetite. I can recommend the eggs Benedict - or the waffle!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week with my wife, the room was small but it was clean and had maid service every day the staff were very friendly and willing to give advice on tourist places.
The breakfast was very disappointing a few rolls and cakes which had to be eaten off paper plates and cups and the place were breakfast was given was far to small and we had to que everyday. I have travelled to many places over the years but I have never been served breakfast on paper plates.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were one week in this hotel in Executive Suite. Suite was large (compared normal hotel rooms in NYC) and clean. At least our suite's bathroom was renovated. Free WiFi! Location in Midtown, Empire State Building or Madison Square garden only two block away from this hotel. And subway stations nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I'm going to start with the good. My room was clean, the bathroom had a lot of counter space, and there were plenty of pillows. The AC did not work very well. I set my room to 70 F and the one night I was there it never turned off - the temperature never got below 75 F. The bed was ok, but definitely old. I would say within the next 2 years someone will be feeling springs as they sleep. Overall the room accomplished what I needed it to and based off just my room experience I would come back. HOWEVER, there are a few other details that changed my mind about my stay and I won't be coming back. The lobby bathroom is shared with a restaurant next door. While waiting for a ride I ran to the bathroom real quick and I wish i would have waited. When I walked in the bathroom was filthy and there was a used feminine hygiene product on the floor - no paper towels - just over filth. This alone is enough to make me never want to come back and I was very happy my stay was just one night.

Breakfast was bagels, coffee, juice, and a few other pastries - not bad and convenient to have to start your day. HOWEVER, breakfast is served in the cafe next door. It is small and cramped, but the worst part was the morning I had breakfast the cafe was very hot inside and very humid. It was miserable for eating. Just walking thru the doors from the lobby to the cafe you could tell a definite temperature and climate change.

One thing to note - there is only one elevator in the building so it can take awhile to go from lobby to your floor or from your floor to the lobby. I was on floor 6 and took the stairs down. I would recommend getting a room on the lower floors so you can just avoid the elevator wait.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the supreme disappointment. From the grimy lobby to the woefully dated rooms, to the mystery spot in the middle of my floor, to the non-existent air conditioning. Nothing about this hotel was acceptable. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. The best thing I can say is that the Wine Bar is a welcome reprieve from the rest of the substandard property.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business