Hotel Stanford
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$226
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$320
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
1,712 results
All reviewsbagelspenn stationthe empire state buildingkorea towngreat locationaround the cornernew yorktimes squarefree breakfastslow elevatorherald squaretwin bedsstayed here for nightstea and coffeesame blockjunior suitesmall fridge
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Spend your money on having fun in NYC, not where you sleep! If you want somewhere safe, clean and cheap, but still in a perfect location, this is it. You are literally next to Macy's and Empire State Building, off Herald Square. Short Walk to Times Sq, 5th Ave, Madison Square Gdn. Right by Subway Stn & Penn Train Stn.

Nothing special whatsoever, but if your not trying to impress and don't mind basic: rooms are a decent size, clean, nice linen, adequate bathroom, free coffee/muffins at breakfast, quiet & dark at night, housekeeping daily. Dated decor everywhere, 1 small lift (may have to wait), scruffy exterior. Staff are polite at check-in then will keep to themselves, though helpful if you ask for it.

We would recommend it for short city breaks with partner or friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunshine-sangria
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Hotel Stanford is located in Korea Town, close to Harold Sq (Macy's) and the Empire State Building - a fabulous location for exploring NY on foot. The rooms are small, but big enough for two people because you are only there to sleep. Cleaniless of the rooms: it was ok; when we arrived we found black hairs underneath the mattress (we were checking for bed bugs, but had none) and that shocked me; but from then on, the bed was clean, the bathroom was clean.
The complimentary breakfast is very sweet, but they offer fruity muffins and small apples as well; the coffee is, in my opinion, not drinkable, but they offer tea as well.
If you do not want to spend too much money on hotels, you could go there; I am not sure if I would go there again. One reason is that they cheated us with their hotel taxi. We had to go to LaGuardia Airport from there and ask them if they could get us a taxi. They offered the hotel taxi instead for a fixed price of 45 dollars (plus bridge toll and tip) and told us this is the regular price - which it NOT true. Since it was our first time in NYC, we believed them and took it. However, when we took a yellow cab back from LaGuardia to Manhattan a couple of days later, we experienced that it is much cheaper (about 27 dollars). So this was disappointing!!! This is also one reason why I ranked the service as poor.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I came to NYC for 2 nights for business, and based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose Hotel Stanford for the location near my client as well as the price (within my per diem budget). This was NOT what I expected from the reviews. The carpet had stains on it, the bed was extremely wobbly, the furniture had dust and hair on it and the TV was extremely outdated as was the decor. Paint was peeling and it looked like the chain lock on the door had been replaced at least three times. I must not have gotten one of the "updated" rooms; I was in room #1014 and the musty smell gave me a headache. I was nervous to take my socks off or get under the covers (which the room did not even have a comforter)... and I am a traveller who is comfortable staying in hostels and budget hotels! I would MAYBE consider this for someone looking for a cheap hotel in a good location... because the location was great... but I moved on my second night to the nearby DoubleTree for just $100 more a night. To me it was worth it. Cannot comment on the breakfast because I didn't stay long enough. You get what you pay for and even though $200 a night seems like a lot to some people, apparently it doesn't pay for much in NYC. Not according to my experience at this hotel. A pro was that it was fairly quiet.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_And_Tell
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were pleasantly surprised of the spaciousness of the room, which included a nice sitting area with a couch and a chair. Bathroom was roomy as well and had a window. Didn't expect so much room in NYC! As we were going to arrive late, 11pm, I had emailed the hotel to request a couple of things (more pillows and a room close to the elevator), and both requests answered positively. The hotel is centrally located off of 32nd and Broadway in the garment district, just one block away from the Empire State Building. Quite convenient. Service was great, bed was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast in the small deli/bakery shop next door, and that is one of their opportunity. Not much as far as breakfast. Only danishes, bagels and cream cheese. No jam or muffins or toasts. When I inquired with the front desk, they were very apologetic and shared that they do place their order for breakfast every Monday for the week, so it wouldn't have been possible for them to accommodate our request. They were kind enough to send two free drinks coupons for their Wine Lounge, a nice gesture. A couple of nights later, we ended taking advantage of them and had a drink in the Wine 1986 lounge. Nice dark decor and very friendly staff. Not a lot of people though, just a few other customers. The hotel also offers a business center, where you can use the internet. Overall we were pretty happy with it, though it was on the high end of our budget: we paid almost $1400 for 5 nights. Oh and the one thing I would offer is free wireless internet. It was $10 per day or $35 for 5 days. But let's face it, NYC is expensive!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My friend and I met my adult son in New York in November, 2009, to see shows, tour the city, see the Rockettes, etc. This hotel is located about 2 blocks from Macy's and we walked to many sites -- Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Fifth Avenue, the subway. We stayed in a junior suite -- two queen beds, a lovely bathroom, and a good size sitting room. My only minor complaint was the quality of the included breakfast. However, there is an adjoining bakery, so I was able to buy better pastries in the mornings to round out the breakfast. I would definetly stay here again. Don't be put off when you hear it is in the Korean district.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends