We usually visit NY about 1-2 x/year and have stayed at a number of other hotels ranked highly on Trip Advisor (Casablanca, Alex, Bryant Park, Sofitel, Renaissance Times Square). We've been really happy with all those places but the Surrey is our new favorite place to stay. You don't have the free breakfast that some of the other hotels have, but most of the time, we like to go out and find something anyhow (E.A.T. down the street was perfect for us). The showers were absolutely awesome (almost TOO powerful) and the beds are incredibly comfortable. We also loved the upper East side location away from the masses in Midtown. The hotel is quiet and the staff was uniformly professional and helpful. (no worries about being a trendy/snooty place here). We mostly came to visit some of the art museums and the location here couldn't be any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Southall Travel so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City