The Surrey hotel on the Upper East Side of New York, one block from Central Park is my new favorite hotel in New York. We travel to New York at least 4 times a year. From the moment you walk into the beautifully restored hotel, you know you are in for a very unique hotel experience. It feels like coming home to a very comfortable place. From the bellmen who are always very cordial, front desk girls, especially Hope and Marshanna whom we loved, to the room service and housekeeping people , we were made to feel like a VIP. Lovely hotel, fantastic bar, and of course, the amazing food from Cafe Boulud (same owner as the 3 Michelin starred Daniel), in case you are not familiar. The rooms are quite large and beautifully decorated. If you can manage it and they are available, upgrade to the Grand Deluxe (about 500 square feet and equipped with fireplaces) or the Grand Deluxe with the Terrace (there are only two with terraces and fireplace) and you are welcomed with a lovely outside terrace, almost unheard of in a NYC hotel. The rooftop bar is an oasis of beauty on top of the hotel overlooking the city. The spa, which we did not get to try, looks fantastic also. The beds are so plush, Sferra sheets, cozy down comforters, it just doesn't get any better than this.
We booked our package through Greg at Whatahotel.com and I can't say enough about Greg's amazing service and his willingness to see that our every request was honored. We were immediately upgraded, and Greg took care of that before we even arrived, and then when we extended our stay, he also saw to that..We had a lovely package which included an amazing breakfast each morning. Speaking only through emails, he took care of everything. Unbelievable service.
The rooftop bar at the Surrey is a lovely oasis which can be enjoyed by guests of the hotel any time during the day and at night they feature drinks and lite fare. The views of New York are amazing. We were keeping our grandson who is 4 months old while my son and wife worked (who also stayed there) and everyone was so friendly and lovely. No request was too big or too small for them to grant.
The Surrey is in a lovely Upper East Side neighborhood, at the corner of East 76th and Madison Ave (the designer store mecca for blocks) and one block from Central Park and surrounded by lots of French restaurants. Lovely area, not a lot of tourists so if you are looking for the "action" of Times Square or Midtown, this is probably not for you. But if you are looking to relax, enjoy an incredible room, as well as be treated like a VIP, this is hotel is perfect in every way. Very upscale, but not stuffy, it has only been reopened for a year, and the prices will surprise you.
We loved The Surrey, every aspect of it, and it is definitely now our favorite in New York. We will definitely return many times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splitty, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City