This is my second stay at The Surrey, a lovely boutique hotel on 76th at Madison. On my first stay, I couldn't have been happier but on my second stay, I left with bed bugs. I went to bed on a Monday night and when I woke up the next morning, I started scratching my ankle and realized I had been bitten. I went down to the front desk and spoke with Petar Krstic, Asst. Director of Front desk and showed him my bites. He told me the hotel takes this very seriously and while I was out fro the day, he would go through my room throughly. When I spoke to him later, he told me the hotel did not find a thing. Basically, he implied The Surrey was not the cause of my bites. The next day I found 3 bites on my arm, more bites on my foot and a giant bite on my neck. I was traveling with friends and they all saw me before and after my stat at The Surrey. There is not a doubt in my mind that I received these bites from The Surrey. In addition, my entire room charge was billed to my girlfriend's credit card (who was also staying there) by mistake. She tried for 4 days to rectify the situation and finally on the 4th day did they realize the hotel made the mistake. She was beyond frustrated. I'm sorry I have to write this because I thought I had a great new hotel to frequent as I visit NY approx. 4-5 times per year. I just felt "dismissed" by them and thought someone higher up than the front desk person would have contacted me before I checked out. Not happy and I'm still phantom scratching 8 days later......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City