The Surrey is a classy hotel just a block away from Central Park. Staff and comfort levels were all first class. On our first night we had an unfortunate incident when another guest, either drunk or deranged but definitely naked, was knocking on our door. I called security and the hotel staff immediately addressed the situation and also upgraded us to a better room on another floor - they responded well. Both rooms we stayed in had views out the back onto services and air con units so this was disappointing but the roof garden, one of the reasons we booked this hotel, was also closed and under renovation. There is a nice bar and restaurant on the ground floor serving good quality wine. Forget the wine in minibar - I paid $28 for the worst sauvignon blanc I have ever tasted. All in all this hotel has all the right feel for Manhatten and has a great location apart from the small issues above we had a great stay..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City