My husband booked us a room for our first anniversary, and the service was incomparable. He had to change our plans several times because our plane was late and we had to adjust the details of our trip, and the staff was responsive, friendly, and handled our requests and changes perfectly. I hate to gush, but this was the nicest hotel experience I've had.
When we arrived, our room was ready with the bouquet of flowers and fresh snacks my husband requested- along with a complimentary bottle of champagne. When we returned from our night on the town, the carpet with strewn with white rose petals in the shape of a heart, and another heart was arranged on the table, and the lights were dimmed with romantic music playing.
We got in too late to dine at the restaurant and ordered room service for both dinner and breakfast. Both were delicious. Every single staff member we had contact with was friendly and professional. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel, and the bathroom was spacious and sparkling clean with a huge mirror and large glass-enclosed shower.
I usually don't like "modern" decor, but the rooms were appointed very tastefully, with a bit of a nostalgic deco feel and soft muted shades. I certainly hope to return for my second anniversary- I couldn't name a single aspect of the hotel I would improve upon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1926 as a residence hotel, the original Surrey was home to many of New York's most eccentric celebrities. JFK, Bette Davis, Claudette Colbert, and other famous faces who recognized the allure of exceptional, discreet service. In re-creating The Surrey, we collaborated with acclaimed interior designer Lauren Rottet of Rottet Studio—to maintain the integrity of The Surrey’s history while modernizing New York's most intimate address. Rottet's inspiration was a New York City townhouse passed down through the generations. The Surrey is New York City’s only Relais & Chateaux boutique hotel, where discreet service allows guests to retreat from the public—and keep a low profile in an otherwise high profile lifestyle. The Surrey is a residential haven and luxury Upper East Side hotel getaway where guests access and revel in what makes New York City special—without compromising calm personal space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City