We stayed at the surrey this summer and overall really enjoyed our stay.
Let's start with the lobby, doormen and front desk staff. Everyone was sooo friendly, they remembered our name (and I am guessing it was a full house) and were so accommodating to everything. We had an 8th month old with us and they made our stay really easy! The last day, our flight wasn't taking off until 10p and we were given access to a private room to change, play with the baby and keep our luggage. Also, as a former resident of Manhattan, I must attest that the bathrooms are a lot bigger than you will find in other 5 star hotels in NY. The room itself was bigger than expected as well. The location isn't prime, in the center of things, but that was exactly what we were looking for. We didn't want to be in the middle of hordes of tourists!
My only complaints were that the walls were super thin. Given we used to live in NY, we invited some friends over for a game night (we have a baby) and one of the neighbors complained twice about the noise level. They were acting like we were rock stars trashing the place. But I guess the blame goes to the age of the building. Finally and most disturbingly, the manager of Boulud was extremely unfriendly and condescending. She seriously needs to find another job that suits her better because customer service is not her forte. She speaks down to people and let's face it, she's just a manager of one of many michelin restaurants in the world. She has no real reason to be so patronizing. However, Surrey management relieved the situation with poise and alacrity. It was a perfect stay and we will always make time to stay at the Surrey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City