The most comfortable bed ever! A very smart hotel in a great location. We were on the 12th floor, so no noise from the traffic outside. The room was spacious and very clean and the bathroom well stocked.
The staff were very helpful, just one issue with the female concierge. She suggested the Hotel car take us out to dinner one evening and promised to book it. We think she forgot, as it didn't arrive and she seem flustered when we asked what had happened. She apologised and made excuses, instead of just being truthful. We walked to the restaurant instead despite the chilly evening.
The entrance really needs a revolving door, as the lobby felt cold because of the weather as the doors are constantly being opened and closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 hotel in New York City as voted by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure, The Surrey is a discreet escape on Manhattan's Upper East Side Steps from Central Park, world-class museums, and Madison Avenue shopping, the hotel features Cornelia Spa and Daniel Boulud's Michelin-starred Café Boulud. It is New York City's only Relais & Châteaux hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City