“Heaven!”

The Surrey
Ranked #91 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Everything about the Surrey is perfect. My favourite rooms would either be the Corner rooms, which have the added advantage of a second window as well as a window in the bathroom ... and The Grand Salon rooms which are longer, have a bigger bathroom & a marble counter above the mini bar. The Surrey has a grand hotel luxury feel to it, yet feels cozy and homey. Room service is on a class of its own. See my food collection!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Uberfluss
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your gracious feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are humbled that you felt at home with us.

I am delighted that our spacious Grand Deluxe Salons exceeded your expectations.

I concur that our In-Room Dining provided by Michelin Starred Café Boulud is one of our most special amenities and I would like to thank you for sharing your photos as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

A first class hotel on the Upper East Side.

The rooms are very well appointed, and are clean and comfortable.

Staff were attentive and helpful at all times.

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO BRIAN, PABLO AND KOKO. Well done Gentlemen.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HomewardBound2014
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are proud to be considered a first class hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations and our inspiring Lauren Rottet design.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so pleased to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing Mr Brian Conboy, Mr Pablo Castro and Mr Koko Latt, our wonderful Doormen, for the outstanding service they extended to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Surrey hotel is clean and comfortable. The rooms are well appointed and the closet space is fabulous. The bar has amazing ambiance and a wonderful bar menu. Signature cocktails are served and the wine list is extensive. Dine at cafe boulud, in my opinion the best restaurant in NYC! Wonderful experience! Pricey but worth it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ms. Laura C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased that our guest accommodations exceeded your expectations from the inspiring Lauren Rottet design to the ample closet space.

I concur that both Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades and Michel star Café Boulud are one of our most special amenities providing innovative libations and culinary delights.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This is an incredible hotel, staff are amazing, the rooms are Great (suite even better). spent three days of my honeymoon there, I can't be more thankful for the effort the staff had put in to make this memorable. Michael in concierge was brilliant, he made anything we wanted happen, not to mention his great choice of restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammed F

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your stay at The Surrey. We are delighted to have been part of your most special honeymoon.

I am truly pleased that you enjoyed our spacious suite accommodations.

We pride ourselves on the warm and gracious service we provide to our guests and I am thrilled that Michael, our wonderful concierge was successful in contributing to a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This was our second time staying at the Surrey and it was a perfect experience.

The location of the hotel is fabulous. I don't think I realized the first time we stayed how central the hotel is to all of the shopping and the park and the theater.

Everyone we met was unbelievably friendly from the bellman to the manager. We really felt like everyone we met was going out of our way to help make the trip perfect (and they did).

The rooms at this hotel are really lovely and the white marble bathrooms are so hard to find at a hotel in the city. The hotel feels like a little oasis in the middle of the city.

Room service by Boulud is always delicious and one of our favorite parts of the trip.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer a high room that faces the park.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelGirlABC

Dear Guest,

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for your continued patronage.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park, famed Madison Avenue shopping and local theatres.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests personalized, gracious and warm service delivery and I am so pleased that our entire team, most notably our Bellmen and Front Office leaders, went out of their way to contribute to a perfect experience.

I am thrilled that our guest rooms, including the Italian Carrara marble bathrooms exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed In-Room Dining provided by Michelin star Café Boulud.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our oasis in New York City and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stay at the Surrey every chance I get - sometimes it becomes too expensive for me. It is always a very good experience. I like the neighborhood . The staff is cheerful and helpful. The room this time was absolutely silent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SagHarborAlice

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent experience with us.

I am so proud to learn that we have exceeded your expectations in so many ways, from our idyllic Upper East Side location and tranquil guest accommodations to the warm and personalized service provided by our team members.

We truly appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I chose to stay at The Surrey because of the excellent evaluations I read on TripAdvisor.com. I took my girlfriend on her first trip to NYC for a 3-day weekend on 12/20/13. I wanted to make this trip for her/us to be a memorable one, because I was going to propose to her while visiting the Big Apple. Our experience at The Surrey was no less than exceptional. We were treated like royalty! From top to bottom, the staff was professional, very courteous and extremely friendly. Cudos especially to Michele Paredes, who arranged for hot tea and tasty sweets to greet us upon our arrival, and for having red rose petals arranged in the shape of a large heart on our turned-down bed upon our return from the top of the Rockefeller Center on Friday evening, where I had just proposed to my girlfriend. She said YES!! Thank you, Michelle! Thank you to all of your staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most rewarding feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. Congratulations on your engagement! We are honored to have been part of your special stay and your fiancée’s first trip to the Big Apple.

I am so proud to learn that our entire team, most notably Ms Michelle Paredes, Guest Relations Coordinator was successful in creating such a memorable experience for you and your fiancée.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your anniversary and in the interim, I remain at your service.