“exemplary service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“exemplary service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I are spending two months in New York City traveling home on the weekends. We explored alternatives such as extended stay apartments and various hotels like the Mark and the Thompson. The staff at the Surrey make all the difference. They are professional, courteous and welcoming. The Hotel has everything-beautful appointments,great art,great rooms.,wonderful bar and restaurant. Instead of moving around we opted to spend the eight weeks at the Surrey and have been rewarded with upgrades when possible,wine and cookies at times but overall a personal and warm welcome. I highly recommend the hotel and have to friends,family and colleagues. The location is great but it is the staff that is exceptional from the front desk to the sales people and of course the bellmen. John and Kim Dingess

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kim d
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs Dingess,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent stays with us.

We pride ourselves on the personalized, caring and intuitive service delivery provided by our team members and I am thrilled that we continue to achieve this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing the Front Office, Bellmen and Sales teams for the exceptional service they have extended to you.

I am truly delighted that we continue to exceed your expectations from our spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design to our collection of art work.

I concur that the culinary delights of Michelin starred Café Boulud and the innovative libations in Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades are truly exemplary.

We look forward to your continued time with us and I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to meet in person on one of your future stays.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Love -- never staying anywhere else. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location (right near Madison Ave. shopping and Central Park). Got to give it to the staff, though: They're the real game-changers. They are professional, knowledgeable, attentive, delightful people. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Ms. Eleanor S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are sincerely honored to be your choice hotel in New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyll Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue shopping.

Thank you especially for recognizing the warm, genuine and caring service provided by our team members. I have shared your feedback with our entire team who were thrilled by your most gracious praises.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

The Surrey is a boutique hotel in a first class location. The rooms are very large for New York. One block from Central Park and 100m form the cafes, restaurants and designer shops on Madison Avenue. The bar was excellent and reasonably priced considering the location. There are several diners close by for breakfast. We felt like we 'lived' in New York rather than being tourists. A much more relaxing and enjoyable stay than busy mid town and Times Square area.
Highly recommend this for fussy travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DidiWesternAustralia
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to learn that you felt home away from home in New York and enjoyed a most relaxing stay.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park, world renowned restaurants and famed Madison Avenue shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

The Surrey is a very welcoming place. My room was spacious, well appointed and had gorgeous views on Madison and 76th. Even if the decoration might be trying a bit too hard, this is a place where one can relax, work equally well. A stone's throw from the Park, Museums, great shopping.
One note: booze is readily available in the rooms, thanks; but one would appreciate the possibility of making hot water and brewing a cuppa, too!
The personnel is most helpful, courteous without being obsequious - kudos to Brian, Rocky and Koko!
Breakfast at Boulud is superlative: the best omelette I have had in a long time.
I would definitely recommend this place for your stay in New York!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location, steps from Central Park with close proximity to museum mile and famed Madison Avenue shopping.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm, personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am thrilled that our entire team, most notably Mr Brian Conboy, Mr Rocky Marmara and Mr Koko Latt, our wonderful Doormen, were so successful in achieving this with you.

I concur that breakfast in Michelin star Café Bould is one of our most special attributes and the omelets are indeed exceptional.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations and that the views of Madison Avenue exceeded your expectations. We are pleased to offer our guests an extensive honor bar and also offer an in-room cocktail program where a Surrey mixologist will bring all the accoutrements required for four to five perfect drinks and prepare them for you.

It is our pleasure to provide Nespresso machines for our guests upon request. Please feel free to call on me at 646.358.3605 so we may update your profile with this preference.

We truly thank you for your continued advocacy of The Surrey and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staying at The Surrey was such a pleasure. I was in town for an award show and Rachel Leyland and the rest of the hotel staff made me feel so special and taken care of. She was beyond thoughtful and sent us daily notes and treats, making sure we were enjoying our stay. The hotel was beautiful -- very modern and cool for the Upper East Side. And the service was the best I've ever had. I've stayed in a lot of New York hotels and I will absolutely come back to The Surrey on my next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tracey W
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback from your experience at The Surrey. We are truly humbled to be considered the best hotel in NYC.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and intuitive service provided by our entire team. Thank you especially for recognizing Ms Rachel Leyland, Guest Relations Manager, for the exceptional service extended to you. I have shared your feedback with our entire team who were thrilled by your high praises.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our inspiring Lauren Rottet design as I concur it is one of our most special features.

Rio De Janeiro-brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

A beautiful hotel, friendly staff, excellent location, good prices.
You feel appreciated and cared for, and I did not take my dogs, but many guests did, it was lovely to see them so well treated and happy.
I recommend it for your stay in NYC.
And ALS

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Catarina07
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our idyllic Upper East Side location and inspiring Lauren Rottet design to the personalized and intuitive service delivery provided by our team members.

We are proud to offer the Posh Pets Program providing special amenities and services for our four-legged guests.

We thank you for your advocacy of The Surrey and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've stayed at The Surrey for 6 nights during my recent visit to New York, first time during the winter. The hotel is absolutely amazing. The room are big and very well appointed. The hotel's decor is very modern, very New York! The staff is wonderful and the location on the upper east side is fantastic, right off Madison avenue, 5th avenue and central park. The hotel provides a calm heaven in the city. Café Boulud is amazing, serving delicious food for breakfast and dinner. My compliments to the Chef and all the staff, they really do a very good job. Room service also from Cafe Boulud is very amazing. The staff does all they can to accommodate our every wishes. It was an amazing stay and I will definitely be back very soon! Congratulations to all!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank J_Cabecas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your recent six night stay with us. We are truly humbled to be referred to as the best hotel in New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so pleased to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design.

I concur that culinary delights by Michelin starred Café Boulud, both in the restaurant and through In-Room Dining, are exceptional.