“My Favorite Hotel in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Surrey

The Surrey
Ranked #57 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“My Favorite Hotel in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I just returned from NYC and couldn't be happier about my stay at The Surrey. Everything from it's perfect location, friendly staff, impeccable service, sublime food, fabulous room, and their uber dog friendly policy has officially made this my hotel of choice. Can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank Ms. Tara M
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most gracious praises from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are truly honored to have become your choice hotel in New York City.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways from our idyllic Upper East Side location to our warm, genuine and friendly service provided by our team members.

I concur that the culinary delights from Michelin starred Café Boulud are sublime.

We are proud to offer our Posh Pets Program providing special amenities for our four-legged guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

No doorman on arrival. No offer with luggage to room. Do not like this hotel. The food was fairly good. Never stay there again!!!
Not very welcoming for such a high priced hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Thank Laurie M
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback from your recent stay with us.

I would like to personally extend my most heartfelt apologies for the service lapses you experienced and I am truly disappointed that we fell short with your arrival experience. Rest assured this is not indicative of the service levels we pride ourselves on.

I attempted to contact you via the phone this afternoon and would welcome the opportunity to speak personally with you.

Please feel free to call on me at 646.358.3605 as I hope to further discuss your experience to restore your faith and trust in us.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great place to stay while you're in NYC! It's a respite of peace and beauty with wonderful staff to make you feel at home. The beds are so comfy and the bathroom facilities were lovely and ideal. I've found my home away from home!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Ms. Diana S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We are truly honored that you felt at home whist at The Surrey.

I am so delighted that you enjoyed our custom Duxiana bedding and that our bathrooms featuring oversized glass enclosed showers, Italian Carrara marble and Mitchell and Peach amenities exceeded your expectations.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and intuitive service provided by our team members and I am thrilled to learn that we achieved this with you.

I concur that The Surrey provides a therapeutic and intimate respite in New York City.

Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel is very well located, close to the major museums and Central Park. It has very courteous and helpful staff, and is very quiet. The facilities are impeccable. It is a splendid oasis in the middle of New York City.

Room Tip: We had an excellent room on the 9th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KarelCool
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are honored to be considered a splendid oasis in New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location just steps from Central Park with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue shopping and museum mile.

We are thrilled to have exceeded your expectations from our inspiring Lauren Rottet design to the warm, genuine and caring service provided by our entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I are spending two months in New York City traveling home on the weekends. We explored alternatives such as extended stay apartments and various hotels like the Mark and the Thompson. The staff at the Surrey make all the difference. They are professional, courteous and welcoming. The Hotel has everything-beautful appointments,great art,great rooms.,wonderful bar and restaurant. Instead of moving around we opted to spend the eight weeks at the Surrey and have been rewarded with upgrades when possible,wine and cookies at times but overall a personal and warm welcome. I highly recommend the hotel and have to friends,family and colleagues. The location is great but it is the staff that is exceptional from the front desk to the sales people and of course the bellmen. John and Kim Dingess

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views
1 Thank kim d
Dear Mr and Mrs Dingess,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent stays with us.

We pride ourselves on the personalized, caring and intuitive service delivery provided by our team members and I am thrilled that we continue to achieve this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing the Front Office, Bellmen and Sales teams for the exceptional service they have extended to you.

I am truly delighted that we continue to exceed your expectations from our spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design to our collection of art work.

I concur that the culinary delights of Michelin starred Café Boulud and the innovative libations in Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades are truly exemplary.

We look forward to your continued time with us and I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to meet in person on one of your future stays.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Love -- never staying anywhere else. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location (right near Madison Ave. shopping and Central Park). Got to give it to the staff, though: They're the real game-changers. They are professional, knowledgeable, attentive, delightful people. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Ms. Eleanor S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are sincerely honored to be your choice hotel in New York City.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyll Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue shopping.

Thank you especially for recognizing the warm, genuine and caring service provided by our team members. I have shared your feedback with our entire team who were thrilled by your most gracious praises.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

The Surrey is a boutique hotel in a first class location. The rooms are very large for New York. One block from Central Park and 100m form the cafes, restaurants and designer shops on Madison Avenue. The bar was excellent and reasonably priced considering the location. There are several diners close by for breakfast. We felt like we 'lived' in New York rather than being tourists. A much more relaxing and enjoyable stay than busy mid town and Times Square area.
Highly recommend this for fussy travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DidiWesternAustralia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to learn that you felt home away from home in New York and enjoyed a most relaxing stay.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park, world renowned restaurants and famed Madison Avenue shopping.